Manipal Entrance Test 2024: The Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) released the MET Application Form 2024 for phase 1 on November 7, 2023, for B.Tech and other UG/PG courses.
The Manipal Entrance Test 2024 will be held in two sessions via CBT mode. The last date to apply for Manipal MET Phase 1 is March 15, 2024. For Phase 2, registration will take place in the same month, i.e., April 2024.
Candidates have to complete their slot booking to download the MET admit card 2024. The MET 2024 exam date for phase 1 is the 4th week of April 2024. The MET exam score is accepted by all three Manipal campuses.
Manipal University provides admission to UG and PG courses in the fields of engineering, pharmacy, science, management, etc. via the Manipal entrance test.
Get the direct link to apply for the Manipal Entrance Test 2024 along with details on exam date, eligibility, syllabus, exam pattern and more in the given article.
MET Entrance Exam 2024 Highlights
|Manipal Entrance Test (MET)
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education
|UG and PG courses
|Mode of Exam
English & Aptitude
|Colleges for Admission
|Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
Manipal University, Jaipur
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, Sikkim
Manipal Entrance Test Dates 2024
MAHE Manipal conducts the Manipal Entrance Test in two phases. As per Manipal test dates, the MET exam for phase 1 will take place in the last week of April 2024, and phase 2 in the last week of May 2024.
Check out the important dates for the MET Exam Date 2024 in the given table.
|Manipal Application Form Release – Phase 1
|7 November 2023
|Manipal Application Form Ends – Phase 1
|15 March 2024
|Slot Booking for MET Exam – Phase 1
|April 2024 (4th week)
|MET Exam – Phase 1
|April 2024 (4th week)
|Manipal Application Form Begins – Phase 2
|Manipal Application Form Ends – Phase 2
|Slot Booking for MET Exam – Phase 2
|May 2024 (1st week)
|MET Exam – Phase 2
|May 2024 (1st week)
|MET 2024 counselling registration, choice filling & seat allotment
|June – July 2024
Manipal Entrance Test 2024 Application Form (Released)
MET application forms are only available online mode. The last date to apply for the Manipal Entrance Test 2024 is March 15, 2024.
Interested candidates can fill out the application form for the MIT Manipal in any of the two phases.
Here are the steps to register for the Manipal University MET 2024 entrance exam:
- Browse the official website of MAHE- manipal.edu. to enrol for MET 2024.
- You will see the ‘Register to Apply’ icon on the home page; click on it.
- To register for the MET 2024 exam, enter your name, email ID, mobile number, a password (of your choice), and also select the program of your choice.
- Submit the details, and after that, you will receive a login ID and password via email and mobile number.
- Now login and fill in all the details that are not there.
- The next step is the payment of application fees.
- Upload a scanned image of your photograph and signature.
- Now submit your application form, and your MET 2024 registration is complete.
Manipal Entrance Test Fee 2024
For the Manipal entrance test, the fee is compulsory and non-refundable. The MAHE application fee and MET application fees are INR 600 and INR 1400, respectively.
A student can pay the application fees online through a credit or debit card, net banking, UPI, etc.
MAHE Manipal also provides a demand draft payment option. Candidates have to submit this DD in favour of “Manipal Academy of Higher Education”, payable at Manipal or Udupi.
|General Category Application fee
|General Category Entrance Test fee
|Sponsored Category Foreign / NRI / NRI
Manipal Entrance Test 2024 Eligibility
All the students from India and abroad are eligible to apply for the MET Entrance Exam 2024. As per the criteria for MET 2024, a student needs to have an aggregate of 50% in physics and math.
|Indian Nationals & NRIs
|B.Tech: 10+2 Intermediate or equivalent examination from a recognized board. A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, and Mathematics
M.Tech: Minimum score of 50% in B.Tech/ B.E. or AMIE from a recognized University. Weightage will be given to GATE-qualified candidates.
MBA: bachelor’s degree in any stream with 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree. valid score card of MAT/ XAT/ CAT/ or CMAT is also required.
Manipal Entrance Test 2024 Admit Card
The MET admit card for the Manipal Entrance Test 2024 will be available for download on the official website of MAHE.
Students will be able to download the MET admit card for b.tech only after the slot booking. The slot booking for Manipal Entrance Test 2024 Phase 1 will commence in April 2024.
The admit card is an important document and contains information regarding the date, time, and centre of the examination. A student can follow the steps given below to download the MET 2024 admit card:
- Visit the official website of MAHE Manipal – manipal.edu.
- On the homepage, click the “Download MET 2024 Admit Card” icon.
- Now log in using your credentials.
- Your MET 2024 admission card will appear on the screen.
- Check it for any discrepancies and download the admit card.
- Take a printout and bring it along on the day of the examination.
Manipal Entrance Test 2024 Exam Pattern
The Manipal Entrance Test 2024 is an online, computer-based paper. Candidates can review the MET Exam Pattern 2024 for B.Tech. below.
- The MET exam pattern for B.Tech. consists of four sections.
- Altogether, there are 60 questions with a total of 240 marks.
- There are 45 objective-type questions and 15 numerical answer types (NAT).
- As per the MET exam pattern, each question is worth 4 marks.
- The time limit to complete the exam is 2 hours.
- There is a deduction of 1 mark for every wrong MCQ. On the contrary, the NAT, or numerical questions, have no negative marking.
|No. of Question
|15 MCQs and 5 NAT Questions
|10 MCQs and 5 NAT Questions
|10 MCQs and 5 NAT Questions
Manipal Entrance Test 2024 Syllabus
The MET 2024 syllabus for B.Tech consists of topics from 11th and 12th grade Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English.
|Units and Measurement
|Basic concepts of chemistry
|Sets, relations, and functions
|Kinematics, Electronic Devices
|States of Matter
|Laws of Motion
|Work and Energy
|Rotational Motion and Rigid Body
|Chemical bonding and molecular structure
|Coordinate geometry, vectors, and three-dimensional geometry
|Gravitation, Modern Physics
|Statistics and probability
|Properties of Matter
|Heat and Thermodynamics
|Oscillations and Waves
|Basic principles of organic chemistry
|Current Electricity and Magnetism
|Electromagnetic Waves, Experimental Skills.
Manipal Entrance Test 2024 Result
The result of the Manipal Entrance Test 2024 will be available on the official website after the completion of the MET 2024 exam. The tentative date of the MET Manipal results is the 2nd week of June 2024.
To check the MET result and scorecard, candidates have to use their MET login credentials on the MAHE official portal. The exam authority releases merit lists based on MET results.
The steps to view the Manipal MET result are as follows:
- Browse the MAHE Manipal official website.
- Click on the link for ‘MET 2024 results’.
- Now enter your application number and password and submit them.
- Your result will appear on the screen; you can download it for future reference.
Manipal Entrance Tes 2024 Counselling
The Manipal MET 2024 counselling will be held in July 2024. Based on the MET 2024 counselling, seats will be allotted to candidates. The counselling process will be conducted after the announcement of the MET 2024 result.
The MET counselling procedure includes registration, seat allotment and document verification. After the counselling, candidates have to report to their designated centre for document verification and admission procedures.
Candidates have to carry originals as well as photocopies of their documents. The list of documents required for the verification is as follows:
- 10th and 12th-grade mark sheets
- Graduation certificate and mark sheets
- Transfer certificate
- Cast certificate (if any)
- Manipal MET admit card or scorecard
- Passport-size photographs
Manipal Entrance Test 2024 FAQs
Ans- The MET application form 2024 for phase 1 was released on November 7, 2023.
Ans- The last date to apply for the Manipal University MET 2024 Phase 1 is March 15, 2023.
Ans- The Manipal Entrance Test 2024 will be held in the 4th week of April 2024 for phase 1.
Ans- No, admissions to B.Tech courses at Manipal Institute of Technology are provided based on Manipal Entrance Test – MET Scores.
Ans- The official website to apply for the Manipal Entrance Test 2024 is manipal.edu/mu/admission.
Ans- The overall difficulty level of the MET 2023 paper was moderate. The maths section is difficult but the physics section is moderate.
Ans- The Manipal entrance test is conducted twice a year.
Ans- Manipal University conducts the Manipal entrance test annually for admission to UG and PG programs.
Ans- Yes, one can give the Manipal Entrance Test phase 2 exam after phase 1 as phase 2 is the second attempt for the students.