The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has launched an initiative named “One Vehicle, One FASTag” to prohibit the use of single FASTags for multiple vehicles or link multiple FASTags to a single vehicle.
This drive is anticipated to optimize the efficiency of the Electronic Toll Collection system and ensure smooth traffic flow at Toll Plazas. Initially set for January 31, the deadline for updating FASTag KYC has been extended to February 29, 2024.
Failure to update the FASTag KYC by the deadline will result in deactivation, even if there is a balance in the account after February 29. Therefore, it is crucial to understand the process of updating FASTag KYC and related information.
Documents required for FASTag KYC update
The documents that are required for the FASTag KYC update are listed below:
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Identity proof
- Address proof
- A passport-size photo
(A Passport, Voter ID card, Aadhar card, driver’s license, or PAN card can be used for ID and address proof).
How to Update FASTag KYC?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to update the FASTag KYC:
- Visit the official website at fastag.ihmcl.com
- Then, log in using your registered mobile number and password.
- Enter the OTP.
- Once logged in, Click on the ‘My Profile’ option on the left side of the dashboard.
- On the “My Profile” page, find and click on the ‘KYC’ sub-section.
- In the ‘KYC’ sub-section, select “Customer Type.”
- Submit the necessary ID Proof and Address Proof documents.
- Click on submit.
How to Check FASTag KYC status?
To check the updated status of FASTag KYC follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official at fastag.ihmcl.com.
- Click on the login button, on the home page.
- Log in with the registered mobile number.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered phone number.
- Enter the OTP.
- On the homepage, click on the My Profile section.
- Click on KYC status to view the current status.
FASTag KYC FAQs
A. The last date to update FASTag KYC is February 29, 2024.
A. FASTag KYC can be updated at fastag.ihmcl.com.
A. The FASTag KYC update status can be checked through fastag.ihmcl.com.
A. If the FASTag KYC is not updated it will be deactivated despite the balance in the account after February 29