The death toll at Nanded Hospital has gone up to 31, as seven new patients have lost their lives. This has left the entire nation in shock, and now the people are questioning and demanding a thorough investigation into this matter.
In just a span of 3 days, 31 people lost their lives in Nanded’s Shankarrao Chavan government hospital. These deaths have raised several speculations about whether these deaths were just an accident or the negligence of the hospital staff.
Maharashtra Hospital Death Reason
In a media interaction, the authorities of the Shankarrao Chavan Government Hospital revealed that the reason behind these deaths was the shortage of medicines. He added that the twelve people who had previously passed away had suffered from a variety of conditions, including snake bites.
There’s no doubt that the condition of the healthcare sector in India is quite poor, especially when it comes to affordability. People who can’t afford to visit the private clinics go to the government hospitals, which are often not equipped enough to take 1000s of patients.
The hospital authority of Shankarrao Chavan Government Hospital themselves said that the hospital is only a “tertiary-level care center.” They also said patients from a radius of 70-80 km come to this hospital as is the only healthcare center in the area. The number of patients who visit the hospital or get admitted sometimes goes beyond the budget of the hospital; hence, there was a shortage of medicines, the hospital authority added.
Maharashtra Hospital Death Toll
Till now, the death toll of patients has gone up to 31, as seven new patients lost their lives. Out of these 31 deaths, there were 15 children and 16 adults. The District Information Office (DIO), Nanded, shared the news on Twitter (X).
Statement of Hasan Mushrif
On October 3, the Shankarrao Chavan Government Hospital released a statement saying there was no medicine shortage and the patients were in their “last stage”. Now the statements of the hospital authority and the hospital are contradictory, and this has raised several speculations.
ANI released a statement from Medical Education Minister Hasan Mushrif, who spoke to the news agency about the matter and said, He is on his way to Nanded. This should not have happened. He also claimed that there was no shortage of medicines or doctors. “We will investigate every death, and anyone found negligent will be punished,” Mushrif added.
Who will investigate this Case?
The Director of Medical Education and Research, Dr. Dilip Mhaisekar, informed the media personnel that a three-member committee from Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar district has been formed to investigate the matter further.
Mhaisekar told PTI (Press Trust of India) that a three-member expert committee from Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar district has been formed with a mandate to submit a report. I am personally visiting the hospital to review the situation, he added.