CDS 2024 Preparation: The UPSC CDS 2024 exam is conducted twice a year. Being India’s biggest exam, CDS attracts many aspirants, but only a handful of candidates get selected. Therefore, rather than putting in too much effort, candidates should follow smart preparation techniques to ace the exam in one go.
Practice is the key to scoring a high rank in the UPSC CDS 2024 Exam. Before starting the preparation journey, candidates must analyse the UPSC CDS 2024 Exam Pattern to understand the weight of each section. This will help the candidates structure their preparation strategy in the right manner.
This article will guide the candidates through experts’ and toppers’ perspectives. The tips and tricks given in this article will help the candidates in analysing each section and will give a clear idea of how to crack the UPSC CDS 2024 Exam in depth.
CDS Syllabus 2024
Before moving forward, candidates must keep the UPSC CDS 2024 Exam Syllabus handy to understand each section of the exam. The questions will consist of objective-type questions. The CDS Syllabus 2024 consists of elementary mathematics, English, and general knowledge. This will help the candidates prioritise each section accordingly.
|INA, IMA, and IAFA
CDS 2024 Preparation: Subject-wise Strategy
Scoring high marks in each section of the CDS 2024 exam requires a good study plan. We have included important tips and tricks for each section that will help the candidates in acing the CDS 2024 exam. Candidates are advised to start their preparation now. With dedication and consistency, candidates can cover the CDS syllabus within 4-5 months.
CDS 2024 Preparation: Elementary Mathematics
This CDS math will comprise questions from various sections of mathematics, such as average, algebra, quadratic equations, speed, and more. Candidates must study as per the syllabus to cover the topics relevant to the exam. Below are some of the tips and tricks that will help the candidates prepare for this section.
- Start with easy questions and concepts such as fractions, percentages, and linear equations.
- Make a notebook for important formulas and equations.
- Memorise numbers, fractions, and percentages that are often used in calculations.
- Dedicate at least 15 minutes to improving calculations and accuracy.
- Practice five miscellaneous questions from each section daily.
- Solve one mock test daily within a limited time frame.
- Analyse questions from the previous year’s paper and start solving similar questions.
CDS 2024 Preparation: English
The CDS English section will assess the vocabulary and grammatical skills of the candidates. The questions in this section will be moderate and can help the candidates score high marks. To ace this section, candidates must follow the tips and tricks given below.
- Start with basic grammar concepts such as tenses, adjectives, adverbs, verbs, and nouns.
- Make notes on each topic.
- Read English newspapers like The Hindu, The Times of India, and The Economic Times.
- Analyse errors in sentences and try to correct them.
- Practice 10 questions from the grammar exercises.
- Memorize five new words daily to improve vocabulary skills.
- Solve questions from the previous year’s question paper and analyse the pattern of questions.
- Read English novels, articles, and magazines for at least 30 minutes daily.
CDS 2024 Preparation: General Knowledge
Candidates must keep themselves aligned with day-to-day events related to sports, general science, military awards, news, politics, national, current affairs, and international news. Reading newspapers daily is one of the key habits every candidate must build while preparing for CDS general awareness sections.
- Read newspapers, magazines, and articles related to national and international events.
- Write down five current affairs daily and memorise them.
- Memorise military awards and try to understand their significance.
- Watch news channels and try to memorise the events in the form of stories.
- Analyse questions from the previous year’s question papers and make a list of repeated questions.
CDS 2024 Preparation: SSB Interview
There is no single method to crack the UPSC CDS 2024 SSB Interview. Candidates are advised to score high marks on the written test. Candidates should be calm and composed while giving the interview. Only candidates with sharp mental, verbal, and non-verbal abilities will crack the CDS 2024 SSB Interview.
- Discuss the current events with your friends and family. This will enhance the candidate’s group discussion skills.
- Try to write at least one story daily by observing patterns and pictures.
- Work on communication skills.
- Behave like Army officers in day-to-day life.
- Take personality development classes from various online sources.
- Read about current topics and start discussing them in groups.
Additional Preparation Tips For CDS Exam 2024
Candidates can use these additional tips for acing the UPSC CDS 2024 Exam.
- Prepare with the help of the best UPSC CDS 2024 preparation books.
- Develop time management skills and prioritise each section.
- Candidates must analyse their weak and strong areas.
- Focus on weak areas and dedicate enough time to master them.
- Take advice from previous-year toppers through various online platforms.
- Study with the help of online sources such as YouTube.
CDS 2024 Preparation FAQs
Candidates are advised to start their preparation now. With consistency and dedication, candidates can ace the exam in 5–6 months.
No, candidates are advised to follow the best preparation tips and tricks given in the article above. This will help the candidates ease their preparation journey.
Yes, if candidates follow a strict study routine, they can clear the CDS exam on the first attempt. To clear the interview, candidates have to work very hard on their communication.
The best CDS Books 2024 for preparation are High School Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin, Mathematics for CDS by R.S. Aggarwal, and Manorama Year Book by Philip Mathew.
The best way to crack the CDS exam is to practice subject-wise preparation. Solving previous year’s papers and mock tests will help you know your weaknesses and strengths.