IBPS Clerk 2024 Eligibility Criteria: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the IBPS Clerk exam annually. The IBPS Clerk exam is conducted to recruit candidates for clerical cadre in multiple public sector banks (PSBs).
The IBPS Clerk 2024 eligibility criteria include nationality, age limit, and qualification. Before applying for the IBPS Clerk exam candidates must check the eligibility norms and arrange their documents accordingly.
The IBPS Clerk Selection Process 2024 is based on prelims, mains, LPT, and document verification. At the time of joining, candidates must present the necessary documentation in original and photocopied form to prove their identity and eligibility.
Check out the detailed IBPS Clerk 2024 eligibility criteria in the given article.
IBPS Clerk 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates interested in applying for the IBPS clerk post must fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria. The organisation will release the eligibility criteria along with the official IBPS Clerk notification.
All the components that are necessary for the IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Age Limit
- Age Reservation
- Education qulaification
- Disability Reservation
IBPS Clerk 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Nationality
- Citizens of India
- Citizens of Nepal and Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who arrived in India intending to settle permanently before January 1, 1962.
- Indian-origin people who migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Myanmar, Vietnam, and East African nations such as Tanzania, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Ethiopia, Uganda, and Zaire are eligible only if they provide the eligibility certificate issued by the GoI.
- Candidates from the above-listed countries other than India must show an eligibility certificate issued by authorities approved by the Indian government.
IBPS Clerk 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Age Limit
The age limit for the IBPS Clerk is between 20 and 28 years for the general category. As per the rule of GoI, reserved category candidates get the relaxation of the upper age limit of 3 to 10 years, depending on their category.
- Minimum Age Limit: 20 years
- Maximum Age Limit: 28 years
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)
|Persons with Disability (PwD)
|Actual period of service rendered in the Defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years
|Widows/Divorced Women/Women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried
|Person affected by 1984 riots
IBPS Clerk 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Educational Qualification
- The required IBPS Clerk qualification is graduation (any discipline) from any recognized university are eligible.
- The applicant should have computer proficiency.
- The applicant must also be literate in reading and writing in their preferred state’s official language.
- The institute had not specified any percentage criteria. The individual banks adopt the aggregate percentage determined by the IBPS. Candidates should check the IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2024 to know the exam format, marking scheme, question type, exam duration etc.
IBPS Clerk 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Disability Reservation
- People with benchmark disabilities are eligible for IBPS Clerk posts under Section 34 of the “Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.”
- Candidates in the Orthopedic Challenged Category (OC), Visually Impaired Person Category (IV), Hearing Impaired Person Category (HI), and Intellectual Disability (ID) categories will be given priority. Aside from this, no other category candidates will get the reservation.
- Acid Attack Victims will get reservations.
- Candidates with visual impairments and those whose writing speeds are permanently hampered for any reason may use their scribe at their expense.
IBPS Clerk 2024 Document Verification
Candidates have to provide certain documents to prove their eligibility at the time of IBPS Clerk document verification. Candidates need to carry the following documents along with the photocopies:
- Online application form
- Valid Photo ID proof such as an Adhar card, voter ID, or driving license.
- Birth certificate or Marksheets of 10th
- Graduation Degree
- Pen Card
- Medical fitness certificate
- Character certificate
- Caste certificate issued by the authorized authority under GOI.
- Resignation letter from the previous company if any.
- Disability certificate issued by District Medical Board (if any)
- No objection certificate (For candidates who are working in government/ PSU)
IBPS Clerk 2024 Eligibility Criteria FAQs
Ans- No, candidates must have received their graduation results before the application submission date.
Ans- The age limit for the IBPS Clerk is between 20 to 28 years.
Ans- Yes, candidates should have computer knowledge if they are applying for the IBPS Clerk exam.
Ans- As per the IBPS Clerk eligibility, the applicant must have completed their graduation in any discipline.