IBPS Clerk 2024 Exam Pattern: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection holds the IBPS Clerk exam annually to recruit candidates for the post of Clerk in various Public Sector Banks.
The IBPS Clerk selection is based on prelims and mains exam followed by LPT. Both prelims and mains have different exam patterns. So before beginning the preparation, candidates must check the updated IBPS Clerk exam pattern to score well in each examination stage.
Candidates will be able to make better IBPS Clerk preparation strategies for the exam if they are aware of the marking scheme, exam duration, section, required score, subject and other details about the exam. Get the complete IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2024 in the given article.
IBPS Clerk 2024 Exam Pattern Overview
|Name of the Examination
|IBPS Clerk 2024
|Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
|Prelims: 100 marks
Mains: 200 marks
|Pre: 1 hour
Mains: 2 hours 40 minutes
|Correct Answer: + 1 mark
Incorrect Answer: – 1/4 mark
|Mode of Examination
|Language of Examination
|IBPS Official Website
IBPS Clerk 2024 Exam Pattern
The IBPS Clerk 2024 exam will be held in multiple shifts via online mode. The exam will be conducted in English and Hindi, including 13 regional languages. Only those candidates who clear the prelims will appear for the IBPS Clerk main exam.
Before starting the IBPS Clerk preparation, candidates should also review their eligibility, syllabus, and other important factors, and then accordingly plan their preparation strategies.
The IBPS Clerk exam pattern for prelims and the main exam is provided below
IBPS Clerk 2024 Exam Pattern For Prelims
The IBPS Clerk prelim exam is the first stage and is qualifying in nature. The preliminary exam is conducted to shortlist candidates for the main exam. The difficulty level of the exam is easy to moderate.
As per the IBPS Clerk exam pattern for prelims, there are 100 questions each of 1 mark, and the total duration of the exam is 60 minutes.
- The IBPS Clerk preliminary exam includes three sections: English language, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning ability.
- The mode of the exam is online, and the format is of the objective type, which consists of only MCQs.
- Candidates have to finish 100 questions worth a total of 100 marks in the allotted time of 1 hour.
- The section cannot be revisited by candidates after the segment time has passed.
- Along with the overall cutoff, candidates have to meet the sectional cutoff.
- There is a negative marking of 1/4 for a wrong answer.
IBPS Clerk 2024 Exam Pattern For Mains
The shortlisted candidates from the preliminary exams will appear for the IBPS Clerk main exam. The final selection will be based on the marks obtained in the main examination.
As per the IBPS Clerk mains pattern, there are four sections in the exam. The exam consists of 200 marks, and the duration of the exam is 2 hours and 40 minutes.
|General and finance awareness
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude
|2hours 40 minutes
- The IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2024 for mains consists of general and financial awareness, English language, quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability, and computer awareness.
- Like the prelims exam, the main exam is also conducted online and only contains objective-type questions.
- The total time allotted to finish the paper is 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- The exam consists of 190 questions with a total of 200 marks.
- There is a negative marking of 1/4 for each incorrect answer.
Language Proficiency Test
The Language Proficiency Test (LPT) round does not follow any particular structure. The LPT is conducted to assess candidates’ proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking in their desired state or UT language. Candidates can be asked to write text or answer questions in their selected native language.
IBPS Clerk 2024 Final Selection
IBPS Clerk Selection 2024 will be based on the marks obtained in the main exams. As mentioned above, the preliminary exam is qualifying.
The marks obtained in the mains are added to the final selection list. IBPS will publish the cutoff scores for the IBPS Clerk preliminary and mains results, both state-wise and category-wise. For the IBPS Clerk post, the final merit list will be compiled using 100 points.
IBPS Clerk 2024 Exam Pattern FAQs
A. The preliminary exam consists of three sections. The duration of the exam is 60 minutes. The exam comprises 100 questions for a total of 100 marks.
A. The IBPS Clerk mains pattern consists of 4 sections. The duration of the exam is 2 hours and 40 minutes. The exam comprises 190 questions for a total of 200 marks.
A. Yes, there will be a negative marking of 1/4 marks in the IBPS Clerk 2024 exam.
A. Yes there is an overall as well as a sectional cut-off in the IBPS Clerk exam.
A. The IBPS Clerk syllabus consists of English language, quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability, general and financial awareness, and computer awareness.