IBPS Clerk 2024 Selection Process: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection annually organises the IBPS Clerk exam for various public sector banks to recruit candidates for clerical cadre posts.
The IBPS Clerk Selection Process 2024 consists of two rounds of the written exam, i.e., prelims and mains, followed by the language proficiency test and document verification.
Both prelims and mains exams are conducted online via CBT. The preliminary exam is qualifying, the final selection is based on the score of the IBPS Clerk Mains exam.
Those who clear all the stages of the IBPS Clerk selection process will be appointed as clerks in one of the participating PSBs.
Candidates who will appear for the exam must check the IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria set by IBPS before applying for the post.
Review the IBPS Clerk 2024 selection process in the given article to create a suitable exam plan.
IBPS Clerk 2024 Selection Process
The IBPS Clerk 2024 exam is bilingual. The mode of the exam is online. Candidates must meet the overall and the sectional cut-off to clear each stage.
|Participating PSBs conduct LPTs to check their reading, speaking, and writing skills in the local language.
|Before sending out the appointment letter, the participating PSBs verify the documents.
IBPS Clerk 2024 Selection Process: Prelims Exam
The IBPS Clerk prelims exam is the first stage of the selection process. There is a high level of participation in this exam, and due to the restricted number of seats, the majority of candidates are eliminated.
Applicants should understand the IBPS Clerk 2024 exam pattern, marking scheme, and duration to perform well in each round.
- The IBPS Clerk prelims exam consists of three sections: English language, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning ability.
- To complete each section, candidates will get 20 minutes. The total time given for the preliminary exam is 60 minutes.
- The exam includes only 100 objective-type questions (MCQ), each worth 1 mark.
- For each incorrect answer, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
- Candidates must obtain the overall and sectional cut-off marks to qualify for the main exam.
IBPS Clerk 2024 Selection Process: Mains Exam
The final IBPS Clerk selection will be based on the score of the main exam. Altogether, there will be four sections in the main exam.
Except for the English section, candidates can take the exam in either Hindi or English.
- The IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2024 for Mains consists of general and financial awareness, English language, quantitative aptitude and reasoning ability, and computer aptitude.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours and 40 minutes. Candidates have to finish each section in the allotted time.
- The exam consists of 190 questions worth 200 marks, with 0.25 marks deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Candidates must achieve the overall and sectional cut-off marks.
IBPS Clerk 2024 Selection Process: Language Proficiency Test
The third stage of the IBPS Clerk selection process is LPT. As the vacancies are released state-wise, candidates should be proficient in the native language of the state.
For provisional allotment, the candidates must meet the requirements set forth by the involved organizations.
- Participating public sector banks organize the LPT round.
- In this round, candidates are judged based on their reading, speaking, and writing skills in the local language of the state/UT to which they have applied.
- As part of this test, candidates have to write some text and answer the interviewer’s questions in the local language.
- Those who fail the LPT can be rejected by the participating PSBs.
IBPS Clerk 2024 Selection Process: Document Verification
The IBPS clerk selection procedure ends with the DV. Following this stage, candidates will obtain an appointment letter from the banks for the training. Selected candidates will go through a six-month training program.
At the time of the IBPS Clerk document verification, candidates must carry the following documents.
- Photo ID proof: Adhar card, voter ID, or driving license.
- Marksheets of 10th and 12th grades
- mark sheet for graduation
- Birth certificate
- Pen Card
- Character certificate
- Medical fitness certificate
- Caste certificate
- Disability certificate
- Resignation letter from the previous employer (if any)
- Disability certificate
IBPS will announce the cut-off for the IBPS clerk preliminary and main results by state and by category. There is no interview round for the clerk post.
IBPS Clerk 2024 Selection Process FAQ
Ans- The IBPS Clerk exam includes the following stages-Prelims, mains, LPT, and document verification.
Ans- Yes, There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer in the IBPS Clerk exam.
Ans- No there will be no interview round for IBPS Clerk.
Ans- Both IBPS Clerk prelims and main exams have objective-type questions.
Ans- Yes candidates have to serve a six-month probation period after selection.