IBPS PO Books 2024: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection annually organises the IBPS PO examination to recruit probationary officers and management trainees in multiple PSBs.
The IBPS PO Selection Process 2024 is based on prelims, mains, and interview results. The first two stages comprise the online exam, while the interview round is the final stage.
To score high in each round, candidates should refer to the top IBPS PO books that include all the topics covered in the exam. The use of high-quality study materials and books can be advantageous and significantly improve preparation.
It is important to select subject-wise books for better preparation and understanding of the fundamentals of the subject. Candidates can review the list of IBPS PO books in the given article that are recommended by the toppers and experts to ace the examination.
IBPS PO 2024 Exam Pattern
Before buying the preparation books, candidates must check the IBPS PO exam pattern, syllabus, and marking scheme.
Candidates should check both the prelims and the main subject, as well as the number of questions asked in each subject, before planning their preparation strategies. The preliminary exam has only objective-type questions, but the main exam has both objective and descriptive questions.
|IBPS PO Prelims Exam Subjects
|Total Number of Question/Maximum Marks
|IBPS PO Mains Exam Subjects
|Total Number of Question/Maximum Marks
|Data Analysis and Interpretation
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
|General, Economy/ Banking Awareness
|English Languages (Essay & Letter Writing)
IBPS PO 2024 Subject-Wise Preparation Books
The candidates should refer to those books that cover the latest and most updated topics. For the IBPS PO 2024 preparation, selecting the subject-wise right books and study material will be beneficial.
The applicants will thereafter be able to learn all of the topics and sections covered by the exam. Candidates can check out the top 5 preparation books for all the subjects in this section.
IBPS PO Books 2024 For English
The IBPS PO English section includes topics such as reading comprehension, cloze test jumbles, paragraph completion, spotting errors, and filling in the blanks in the objective section. while the descriptive section includes essay writing and letter writing. Some of the top IBPS PO books for the English section are mentioned below.
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- How to Read Better and Faster by Norman Lewis
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by McGraw Hill Education Publication
- Descriptive General English by S P Bakshi and Richa Sharma
- Essential Grammar in Use (3rd Edition) by Raymond Murphy, Cambridge University
IBPS PO Books 2024 For Quantitative Aptitude
Among the other sections, the IBPS PO syllabus for quantitative aptitude is the most extensive. It includes numeric equations and other topics such as mensuration, simplification, proportion, work and time, the number system, mixtures and allegations, ratio and proportion, SI, CI, time and distance, data interpretation, sequence and series, profit loss permutation, and probability. The best books for the quantitative aptitude section are-
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by R.S Agarwal
- Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examination by The Pearson Guide
- Objective Mathematics for Competitive Exams by Tarun Goyal
- Quantitative Aptitude by Disha Experts
IBPS PO Books 2024 For Reasoning Ability
IBPS PO reasoning ability is a time-consuming section and one of the most important subjects in both the prelims and main exams. This section includes alphabet tests, alphanumeric series, blood relations, puzzles, ranking, detection, data sufficiency, coding-decoding, logical reasoning, seating arrangement, input-output, tabulation, syllogisms, and coded inequalities.
- A New Approach to Reasoning by B S Sijwali
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Agrawal
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K.Pandey
- A New Approach to Reasoning by B.S Sijwali and Indu Sijwali
- Bank PO/ MT Examination Practice Workbook by Arihant
IBPS PO Books 2024 For Computer Awareness
Computer awareness does not cover vast topics. Only limited topics are covered under this subject, which includes operating systems, the internet, memory, computer fundamentals, keyboard shortcuts, MS Office, and networking. The IBPS PO books for computer awareness are mentioned below.
- Objective Computer Awareness by Somya Ranjan Behera
- Computer Awareness by Arihant Publications
- Computer Knowledge by Disha Publications
- Objective Computer Knowledge & Literacy by Kiran Publications
- Computer by Rani Ahilya
IBPS PO Books 2024 For General Economy/ Banking Awareness
To enhance current affairs and general knowledge, candidates should read books, weekly current events publications, and newspapers for preparation. Finance knowledge, current affairs, general knowledge, government schemes and policies, and banking awareness are some of the topics covered in this section. The IBPS SO books for general economy and banking awareness are:
- Banking Awareness by B.K Raut and S.R Behera
- India Year Book by Publications Division Government of India
- Manohar Pandey Book by Arihant Publications
- Guide to Banking General Awareness by R Gupta
Candidates should practice the mock test within the allotted time to increase their speed. All the books mentioned above can help candidates score well in the IBPS PO Recruitment exam. Candidates should also review previous years’ papers to know the structure of the IBPS PO exam.
IBPS PO books 2024 FAQs
Ans: The IBPS PO syllabus of both exams is slightly different, but English, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning are common subjects in both exams.
Ans- The preliminary exam consists of 100 marks, while the main exam consists of 225 marks. There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
Ans-Ans-Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination by The Pearson Guide, Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R. S. Agarwal and Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma.
Ans- Yes, some of the books do have sample papers; candidates can also check the sample papers online.