IBPS PO 2024 Eligibility Criteria: The Institute of Banking Personnel Services (IBPS) holds the IBPS PO exam every year for the post of probationary officer/management trainee.
The IBPS PO 2024 Selection Process is based on a 3-tiered examination (prelims, mains, and interview). Many candidates face application rejection after filling out the IBPS PO online form. Hence, it is very important to check eligibility before applying.
As per the IBPS PO eligibility, the candidate’s age should be between 21 and 33 years, while the required qualification is graduation. Find out in-depth details on the IBPS PO 2024 eligibility criteria along with the list of required documents in the given article.
IBPS PO 2024 Eligibility Criteria
IBPS PO 2024 eligibility criteria will be released along with the official notification. The eligibility criteria include the following parameters:
- Age Limit
- Age Reservation
- Education Qualification
- Disability Reservation
IBPS PO 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Nationality
- Candidates should be Indian citizens OR
- Subjects of Bhutan OR
- Subjects of Nepal OR
- Refugees from Tibet who moved to India with the intention of permanent settlement before January 1, 1962 OR
- Indian-origin people who migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Myanmar, Vietnam, and East African nations such as Zambia, Zaire, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, or Ethiopia.
All candidates, apart from Indian citizens, have to submit their certificates of eligibility provided by the concerned authority under the Government of India.
IBPS PO 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Age Limit
According to the IBPS PO age limit rule, the minimum age to apply is 20 years, while the maximum age is 30 years. Age relaxation will be provided to reserved categories as per the guidelines of the Government of India.
- Minimum Age Limit: 20 years
- Maximum Age Limit: 30 years
Candidates falling under the given categories have to submit their caste certificate in order to avail of the age reservation.
|IBPS PO Upper Age Relaxation
|OBC non-creamy layer
|1984 Riot Victims
|PWD (Partial or Full Blindness)
|PWD (Partial or Total Loss of Hearing)
|PWD (Locomotor Disabilities)
|PWD (Intellectual or Learning Disabilities, Autism and Mental Illness)
|PWD (Multiple Concurrent Disabilities)
IBPS PO 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Educational Qualification
- The required IBPS PO qualification is a graduation degree (in any discipline) from any recognised university or any central government university.
- Other qualifications, such as AIME, a departmental course from the government of India that is equivalent to a bachelor’s degree, are acceptable.
- Candidates have to convert the CGPA obtained at graduation into a percentage while filling out the application form.
- 54.99% is not treated as 55%. This fraction of the percentage is ignored.
- Percentage eligibility is not stated by the IBPS.
IBPS PO 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Disability Reservation
- Applicants who are not from SC/ST/OBC families and have an annual income of less than 8 lac will get a 10% reservation in IBPS vacancies under the economically weaker section.
- Candidates falling under this category have to produce an income and asset certificate at the time of the interview.
- Deaf and hard of hearing, blind and low vision, autism, intellectual disability, mental illness, specific learning disability, and locomotor disability, including cerebral palsy, dwarfism, muscular dystrophy, leprosy cured, and acid attack victims, will all be eligible for reservation under the PWD category.
IBPS PO 2024 Eligibility Important Points
- As per the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, applicants with disabilities are given preference in the IBPS PO examination.
- After the individual banks inform the institute of the number of open positions, the number of reserved openings is announced.
- IBPS PO Eligibility has standards that permit the use of a scribe for candidates who are blind or visually challenged.
- Only those candidates who are more than 40% intellectually disabled, mentally ill, autistic, or have certain learning disabilities will be given a compensatory time allowance of 20 minutes per hour for the exam, regardless of whether they use the scribe services.
IBPS PO 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Documents Required
Those who meet all the IBPS PO eligibility criteria and clear all the stages of the written exam will get an interview call letter. The following list of necessary documents, together with photocopies for background checks and verification, must be carried out by candidates at the time of thier interview.
- IBPS PO call letter
- Photo Identification Proof
- Marking sheet for graduation, intermediate, and high school diplomas.
- A caste certificate issued by the concerned authority with a stamp from GoI
- EWS candidates must bring asset and income certificates issued by the GoI.
- Candidates who are serving in government or PSUs have to bring a no-objection letter from their concerned authority.
- any additional supporting documentation for eligibility.
IBPS PO 2024 Eligibility Criteria FAQs
A. No, the result of graduation must be declared before registration starts.
A. The minimum age limit to apply for the IBPS PO exam is 20 years. The upper age limit varies depending on the category. For general, it is 30 years, while for OBC and SC/ST, it is 33 years and 35 years.
A. Yes, EWS category candidates will get a 10% reservation in the IBPS PO exam.
A. There is no limit to attempting the IBPS PO exam. Candidates can apply until they reach the maximum age limit.
A. Although the IBPS has not established a precise percentage requirement, individual banks may have varying requirements, and they are subject to change.