IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2024: The IBPS PO is one of the top banking exams among candidates who want to join the banking sector. The IBPS PO selection is based on prelims, mains, and interviews.
Every year, thousands of applicants register for this exam. The syllabus for the IBPS PO exam is not that hard. However, the majority of applicants are eliminated because of poor time management. Hence, it is very important to know the marking scheme, section, duration, etc.
Candidates can check in-depth details on the IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2024 in the given article to develop an effective strategy for preparation.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2024 Highlights
|IBPS PO 2024
|Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
|Probationary Officer (PO)
|1- Preliminary exam
2- Mains exam
|Mode of Exam
|Online via CBT
|Minimum – 20 years
Maximum – 30 years
|Graduation ( any discipline)
IBPS PO 2024 Selection Process
IBPS PO selection process consists of 3 stages- prelims, mains and interview. Candidates have to clear all the stages to get included in the final merit list.
Candidates who intend to appear for IBPS PO 2024 can review the exam pattern provided in this article and begin their preparation.
IBPS PO 2024 Exam Pattern For Prelims
The IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern consists of three sections with objective-type questions comprising 100 questions. The IBPS PO Syllabus includes the English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
|IBPS PO Prelims exam Section
|Total Mark allotted
- The IBPS PO prelims exam is qualifying in nature, and marks obtained in this exam are not added to the final selection list.
- The exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions, each worth 1 mark.
- For every correct answer, candidates will get 1 mark, and for an incorrect answer, there will be a deduction of 0.25 marks.
- The duration of the prelim exam is 60 minutes. For each section, the candidate will get 20 minutes.
IBPS PO 2024 Exam Pattern For Mains
Those candidates who meet the cut-off for the preliminary exam will appear for the main exam. There are 4+1 sections in the main exam.
The IBPS PO main exam’s format differs slightly from the preliminary exam’s, as it contains both objective and descriptive questions.
|IBPS PO Mains Exam Section
|Total Marks Allotted
|Objective Type Questions
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
|Data Analysis and Interpretation
|General, Economy, and banking awareness
|Descriptive Exam (Written)
(Letter writing and essay)
|3 hours 30 minutes
- The marks obtained in the main exam will have a weightage of 80%.
- The exam consists of 150 multiple-choice questions and 2 descriptive questions for a total of 225 marks.
- Each incorrect response results in a deduction of 0.25 marks.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- The IBPS PO syllabus for mains consists of English language, reasoning, computer aptitude, data analysis and interpretation, and general/economy and banking awareness.
- The questions on the descriptive paper are based on current affairs (essay writing), even though it is an English language test.
- The descriptive part will be checked only if candidates clear the objective part.
IBPS PO 2024 Interview
The applicants who meet the sectional and overall cutoffs in the main exam will be called for the IBPS PO interview round. The candidate should note that there is no specified pattern for the interview.
The interviewer will inquire about the candidate’s educational qualifications, background, experience (if any), achievements, and questions related to banking. The interview has a weightage of 20%.
The PO interview’s typical duration is 15–20 minutes. The documents are verified on the same day, which can take up to 8 hours. Candidates must bring all of their identification documents, educational qualification certificates, and other documents that prove their eligibility.
The candidates who clear the final cut-off will be given a provisional allotment as the Probationary Officer in the Public Sector Banks come under the IBPS across the nation.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2024 FAQs
A. IBPS prelims cut-off is released based on the candidate’s performance and the number of vacancies released, which varies every year.
A. The descriptive part of the main exam consists of 2 questions on essay and letter writing in the English language.
A. The selection of candidates is based on mains and interview results. The weightage ratio is 80:20.
A. Yes, for every incorrect answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
A. The age limit to apply for the IBPS PO exam in 2024 is between 21 and 30 years. Age relaxation on the upper age limit will be provided to the reserved category candidates.