IBPS RRB Preparation Tips 2024: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) every year conducts the IBPS RRB 2024 Recruitment Examination for the posts of Office Assistant (Clerk) and Officer Grades (I, II, and III).
Every year, thousands of applications apply for various posts in the IBPS RRB 2024, which eventually increases the competition. Candidates must pay great attention to the exam preparation strategies.
While doing the bank exam preparation, the majority of candidates commit a typical mistake by creating an unrealistic schedule, which eventually lands them nowhere. Hence, candidates should start their preparation with an easy-to-follow schedule. Check out the expert-suggested, easy-to-follow preparation plan to ace the examination in one go.
IBPS RRB 2024 Exam Overview
|Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)
|Name of Post
Officer Scale -2 & 3
|Total Participating Banks
|Officer Scale 1: Prelims, Mains, Interview
Officer Scale 2 & 3: Single Exam, Interview
Office Assistant: Prelims and Mains
There is always cutthroat competition among candidates to crack the examination and get a job in the banking sector.
So, before starting their preparations, candidates must be well-informed about the necessary details regarding the examination, such as the selection process, exam pattern, syllabus, exam preparation tips, etc.
IBPS RRB 2024 Selection Process
The IBPS RRB 2024 selection process varies from post to post. There will be two stages of written examination for Office Assistants and Scale I Officers, i.e., a preliminary and a mains examination, whereas Scale II and III Officers will have a single examination.
The interview round is the final stage of the selection process for all posts in the RRB 2024 exams except office assistant.
|IBPS RRB Office Assistant (Clerk)
|IBPS RRB Scale I Officer (PO)
|IBPS RRB Scale II & III Officer
|Single Online Examination
IBPS RRB Preparation Tips 2024: Expert Strategies
There is always tough competition every year due to the limited number of seats as well as the large number of applications being filled out for recruitment.
So, the aspirants need to make and follow the right preparation strategy, which can help them utilise their time and ace the important topics.
Candidates should follow the given IBPS RRB preparation tips so that they can do their exam preparation smartly and more efficiently.
1- Understand the Syllabus
The first step towards IBPS RRB 2024 preparation is to understand the syllabus of the IBPS RRB. The syllabus for the IBPS RRB remains almost the same every year, so you should have a better understanding of the IBPS RRB 2024 syllabus to ease your preparation.
2- Create a Study Plan
Creating a proper study plan or a timetable that will help you improve your preparation. Make sure you honestly abide by it every day. Don’t spend the entire day trying to solve similar questions; give more time to the subjects or topics you are weak at.
3- Choose the Right Preparation Book
Candidates applying for IBPS RRB 2024 must be aware of which book they should read to improve their preparation. Purchase IBPS RRB 2024 books only from reputed and reliable publishers.
Before purchasing a book, you should check its reviews online. Avoid preparing a section from multiple sources, as it will only create confusion.
4- Practice Mock Tests
Practicing mock tests helps you a lot when you are preparing for online competitive exams, especially banking exams. It helps you become habitual with the online interface, so when you actually appear in bank exams, it will be easy for you to understand the online process of the exam without any confusion.
Also, you will learn in which section you need to improve your accuracy and attempts. After giving the mock test, you must analyse it properly to acknowledge your mistakes and work on them.
Revision is the most important step to take when preparing for any exam because it helps you remember important formulas, short tricks, and other concepts you have learned so far.
IBPS RRB Preparation 2024: Subject-Wise Expert Strategy
To utilise your time and upgrade the preparation of candidates, do the subject-wise preparation for the IBPS RRB 2024 exams. Identify your weak section and dedicate the bulk of your study time to that section.
Time management for each section, i.e., reasoning, quantitative aptitude, English/Hindi language, general awareness, and computer knowledge, will play a crucial role in improving your preparation.
- The reasoning ability section of the IBPS RRB exam assesses your logical reasoning abilities, such as your ability to think rationally.
- Puzzles play an important role in your selection, so you should practice at least 2 or 3 puzzles daily to make this topic strong.
- Other important topics in the reasoning section are blood relations, coding and decoding, alphanumeric series, order ranking, seating arrangements, etc.
- This section consists of 40 marks on the preliminary examination and 50 marks on the main or single examination.
Quantitative Aptitude/Numerical Ability
- The first and most important thing to do in the Quant section is to get your fundamentals correct and clear; otherwise, it will be very difficult for you.
- Once you understand the basic concepts, you must start practising quizzes on topics like simplification, approximation, quadratic equations, etc.
- In addition to that, you need to have a good command over the data interpretation and arithmetic sections, including topics like average, percentage, ratio, age, CI and SI, problems on trains, time and distance, time and work, pipes and chimneys, boats and streams, etc.
- The English section will provide you with two options. Either you can attempt the English section or the Hindi section. It is a great opportunity for those who are weak in English.
- Whichever option you opt for, you need to improve your vocabulary and understand the principles of clear grammar. If you have good reading skills, it won’t be difficult for you to crack this section.
- As there is no section timing in the IBPS RRB 2024 examination, candidates should know that the General Awareness section will save them plenty of time they could spend on other time-consuming sections like Reasoning, English, and Quant.
- You must thoroughly prepare important topics like current affairs, static GK, financial awareness, headquarters, appointments, etc. This section will be the most beneficial to your overall score.
- This section comprises 40 questions, and the marks allotted for it are 20.
- This section comprises questions on the fundamentals of computers, the history of computers, basic knowledge of the internet, software, hardware, shortcut keys, MS Office, viruses, databases, etc.
- The best way to ace this section is to preview the previous year’s questions; that will help you a lot while preparing and give you a general idea of the questions being asked in this section.
IBPS RRB 2024 Interview Preparation
- Candidates should focus more on their communication skills, as it boosts their confidence, and they won’t feel nervous in front of interviewers.
- Candidates must update themselves regarding current events and banking and finance-related topics.
- Candidates should have good knowledge of banking and financial terminology.
- Candidates need to be pertinent while answering the questions.
- Also, candidates can watch online classes for interview preparation.
IBPS RRB Preparation 2024 FAQs
A. A daily study of 4 to 5 hours is enough to crack IBPS RRB 2024.
A. The stages in the IBPS RRB 2024 examination vary from post to post.
A. There won’t be any descriptive tests in the IBPS RRB mains/single examination.
A. With the preparation of 5 to 6 months, candidates can easily crack the IBPS RRB exam.