IBPS RRB 2024 Selection Process: The Institute of Baking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts the IBPS RRB exam annually to recruit eligible candidates for the posts of Office Assistant (Clerk), Officer Scale I (PO), Scale II, and III.
The IBPS RRB selection process varies for the Officer Scale 1, 2, 3, and Clerk posts. The selection for IBPS RRB Clerk is based on preliminary and main exams, while for IBPS RRB PO, the selection will be based on preliminary, mains, and interviews. For Officer Scales 2 and 3, there will be a main exam and an interview.
Knowing the selection process is a must before starting the IBPS RRB preparation. Check out the article below to learn about the post-wise IBPS RRB selection process.
IBPS RRB Selection Process 2024 Overview
|IBPS RRB Selection Process
|Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)
|Office Assistant, Officer Scale I, II & III
|Office Assistant: Preliminary and mains examinations
Officer Scale I: Prelims, Mains & Interview
Officer Scale-II & III: Single Online Examination & Interview
|Mode of Examination
IBPS RRB 2024 Selection Process
The selection of candidates for various posts under the IBPS RRB is different. Before applying for the exam, candidates must check the selection process.
Altogether, there are two stages in the IBPS RRB selection, i.e., preliminary, mains, and interview.
|IBPS RRB Clerk
|IBPS RRB PO
|IBPS RRB Scale II & III
Language Proficiency Test
|Single (Mains exam)
The IBPS RRB prelims exam will be qualifying in nature, and the marks obtained by the candidate in this section will not be added to the final merit.
The final IBPS RRB selection will be decided by combining the marks of the main examination and interview only.
IBPS RRB 2024 Selection Process: Prelims Exam
The prelims exam will be held for only two posts i.e., IBPS RRB Office Assistant (Clerk) and IBPS RRB Scale I (Probationary Officer).
The IBPS RRB prelims exam will be conducted online. You can check the IBPS RRB 2024 exam pattern here.
- The IBPS RRB prelims exam comprises two sections: reasoning and numerical ability/quantitative aptitude.
- The exam mode is online, and all the questions are objective-type.
- In the IBPS RRB preliminary exam, 80 questions will be asked in the preliminary examination, with 40 questions per section.
- The candidates will be given a composite time of 45 hours for the preliminary examination.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 points for each wrong answer.
IBPS RRB Prelims Exam Pattern For Clerk & Office Scale I
|A Cumulative time of 45 minutes
IBPS RRB 2024 Selection Process: Mains Exam
For the IBPS RRB Clerk and PO(Scale 1), candidates who clear the preliminary exams will appear for the main exam.
A single online examination will be conducted for the candidates who’ve applied for the posts of IBPS RRB Scale II and III officers, and the examination pattern will be similar to the IBPS RRB Scale I Mains Examination.
- The IBPS RRB main exam consists of five sections.
- The IBPS RRB syllabus consists of reasoning ability, quantitative aptitude/numerical ability, English/Hindi languages, computer knowledge, and general awareness.
- There are 200 multiple-choice questions worth 200 marks in the main examination.
- The exam duration is 2 hours.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
IBPS RRB Mains Exam Pattern For Clerk & Office Scale I
|A Cumulative time of 2 hours
The IBPS RRB Office Assistant candidates who clear the main examination will be called for provisional allotment while those who clear the main examination for the IBPS RRB PO will be called for the interview round.
IBPS RRB 2024 Selection Process: Interview
The IBPS RRB interview is held for the post of IBPS RRB PO, and Officer Scale II and III.
- The interviews will be conducted in various locations across the country.
- The IBPS RRB interview session will carry a total of 100 marks.
- Candidates who have applied from the general category need to get a minimum score of 40% to qualify, whereas candidates from other categories such as SC/ST, OBC, and PWD are required to score a minimum of 35%.
The candidates who clear three stages of the IBPS RRB 2024 examination will be provided with an allotment to the desired post.
IBPS RRB 2024 Document Verification (DV)
Candidates will be called out for document verification after they clear all the necessary stages of the post they’ve applied for. They must carry the following documents with them on the day of document verification:
- The printout of the IBPS RRB 2024 application form.
- A document as proof of your date of birth, such as a 10th-grade certificate or birth certificate issued by a municipal corporation.
- Photo identity proof
- Marks sheet of qualifications and other graduation documents
- A caste certificate is issued by a competent authority in the prescribed format.
- A disability certificate is issued by an authorised medical board.
- Experience letter (if applicable).
- No objection certificate (if the candidate works in a government office or any public sector undertaking)
IBPS RRB 2024 Provisional Allotment
- After conducting all the phases of the IBPS RRB 2024, the IBPS releases the list of final allotments on its official website, ibps.in.
- The list will include the state-wise roll number of selected candidates allotted posts in the Regional Rural Banks across the country.
- The provisional list shows the candidate’s registration number, marks obtained out of 100, and the bank allotted to him or her.
IBPS RRB 2024 Selection Process FAQs
A. The IBPS RRB Office Assistant selection is based on the prelims and mains exam.
A. The selection process for IBPS RRB Scale II and III officers consists of a single online examination and an interview round.
A. There isn’t any interview round in the recruitment process for IBPS RRB Office Assistant.
Ans. The preliminary examination of the IBPS RRB 2024 will carry a total of 80 marks.