IBPS SO 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Every year, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection administers the IBPS SO exam for the recruitment of Specialist Officer cadre.
The IBPS SO selection of candidates is based on a common recruitment process that consists of preliminary, main, and interview rounds. Before applying for the position, candidates must confirm their eligibility. Get complete details on the eligibility requirements for the SO post in the given article.
IBPS SO 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The IBPS SO 2024 eligibility criteria include the following parameters –
- Age Limit
- Age Reservation
- Educational Qualification
Candidates who do not match the requirements for IBPS SO eligibility will be eliminated from the exam or at any stage of the IBPS SO selection process. Hence, candidates are advised to check their eligibility and then apply for the examination.
IBPS SO 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Nationality
- The applicant must be a citizen of India, Nepal, or Bhutan.
- Refugees from Tibet settled permanently in India before January 1, 1962.
- POI migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Myanmar or East Africa, Burma, Kenya, and Uganda to permanently settle in India.
- All candidates, except citizens of India, have to provide the certificate of eligibility issued by the concerned authority under the government of India.
IBPS SO 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Age Limit
Candidates appearing for the IBPS SO post must fall under the age limit set by the IBPS as of the date of application submission.
|IBPS SO 2024
Candidates from reserved categories, such as SC/ST/OBC, etc., will be eligible for age relaxation under the Government of India rules.
A caste certificate must be presented during document verification for those who take advantage of the age restriction.
|OBC (Non- creamy layer)
|SC/ST/ESM/1984 riots affected persons
|ECO/SSCO(who have completed at least five years
of military duty and were discharged after finishing
|Persons with Benchmark Disability
IBPS SO 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Qualification
The IBPS SO exam is conducted for various specialist cadres; hence, the education qualification for each post may vary from others.
The vacancies are released as per the requirements of the bank in various categories. For SO posts, candidates must hold a degree or post-graduate degree in the respective field.
Along with the education qualification, candidates should also review the IBPS SO syllabus. The educational requirements for the SO positions are listed in the table below.
|B.Tech in computer science, electronics, computer application, electrical, telecommunication, communication, information technology/ M.Tech/ graduation +DOEACC “B” Level.
|MBA, PGDBA, PGDBM, PGPM, or PGDM (specialization in marketing ) Postgraduate with MMS Marketing,
|Agriculture Field Officer
|4-year graduation degree in agriculture engineering, agriculture, agriculture marketing and corporation, horticulture, agriculture biotechnology, dairy science, fishery science, food technology, sericulture, veterinary science, forestry, dairy technology and agriculture business management.
|Personnel Officer or HR
|Post-graduation+degree/two-year full-time diploma in human resources, personal management, social work, or labour law.
|LLB and enrolled advocate in the Bar Council of India
|Postgraduate degree in Hindi with English as a subject or Sanskrit postgraduate degree includes English and Hindi as score subject subjects
IBPS SO 2024 Reservation- EWS & PWD
- Candidates who belong to economically weaker backgrounds (EWS) will get a 10% reservation in IBPS SO vacancies. A certificate of assets issued by a competent authority must be presented in order to take advantage of an EWS reservation.
- As per Section 34 of the 2016 “Rights of Persons with Disabilities” Act, reservations are available to people with qualifying impairments. Disabled categories
- Included in the reservation are hearing and deafness, mental illness, blindness, poor vision, intellectual disability, autism, and locomotor impairments.
IBPS SO 2024 Eligibility Criteria FAQ
Ans- The age limit to apply for the IBPS SO exam is between 20 and 30 years.
Ans-No, the IBPS has not set any percentage criteria; those who have completed their UG and PG as per the post requirement are eligible to apply.
Ans- There is no limit for appearing in the IBPS SO examination. Candidates can apply for the post until they reach the maximum limit.
Ans- Yes, EWS category candidates will get a 10% reservation.