RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria 2024: Candidates willing to apply for RBI Assistant 2024 should be well aware of the eligibility criteria set by the RBI to appear in the examination.
The RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria include age limit, education qualification, nationality, and relaxation. Only candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will appear in the examination for the RBI Assistant exam.
As per the RBI Assistant eligibility rule, the age limit of candidates should be between 20 and 28 years, and they should have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50%. Candidates belonging to reserved categories will get age relaxation.
The candidates must provide documents to prove their eligibility for the exam. Get the detailed RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria 2024 in the given article to avoid rejection at any stage of the selection process.
RBI Assistant Eligibility 2024
|Reserve Bank of India
|Mode of Examination
|20- 28 years
RBI Assistant 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates applying for RBI Assistant 2024 must be well informed about the RBI Assistant 2024 Eligibility Criteria, which comprise the following factors-
- Educational Qualification
- Age Limit
- Age Relaxation
RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria 2024: Nationality
To be eligible for the RBI Assistant 2024 examination, candidates must be
- A citizen of India or
- A subject of either Nepal or Bhutan or
- A Tibetan refugee who moved to India before January 1, 1962, to permanently settle in India or
- A candidate of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, and the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria 2024: Educational Qualification
- To be eligible for the RBI Assistant 2024, a candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or equivalent with an aggregate of 50% or higher in any discipline. For candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PwBD, only a degree with passing marks is required.
- Candidates must know about computers and have proficiency in the local language of the concerned state or Union Territory.
- The candidates who belong to the Ex-Servicemen category (except dependants of ex-servicemen) should either have graduated from a recognised university or its equivalent or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence service.
RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria 2024: Age Limit
The candidates must be well-informed about the age limit before applying for RBI Assistant 2024. The age limit for RBI assistants is between 20 and 28 years old.
Candidates from the reserved category will receive relaxation on the upper age limit based on their category.
The age relaxation is granted by the Government of India to the reserved categories. Check the category-wise age relaxation in the table below:
|Relaxation in Age
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)
|By 5 years, i.e., up to 33 years
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)
|By 5 years, i.e., up to 31 years
|Person with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD)
|By 10 years (GEN/ EWS), 13 years (OBC) & 15 years (SC/ST)
|To the extent of service rendered by them in the armed forces plus an additional period of 3 years, subject to a maximum of 50 years.
|Widows/ Divorced women/ women judicially separated who are not-re-married
|By 10 years
|Candidates having work experience in the Reserve Bank of India
|To the extent of the number of years of such experience, a maximum of 3 years
RBI Assistant 2024 Selection Process
The RBI Assistant Selection Process 2024 consists of three stages. Candidates who wish to apply for the position must pass each stage of the selection process to receive a provisional appointment as an RBI assistant in various branches across the country.
The RBI Assistant Selection Process 2024 includes the following stages-
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
- Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria 2024 FAQs
A. The RBI Assistant age limit lies between 20 and 28 years.
A. The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university with an aggregate of 50% or higher in any discipline. For the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PwBD, only a degree with passing marks is required.
A. The official website of the Reserve Bank of India is www.rbi.org.in.
A. The RBI Assistant 2024 selection process comprises a preliminary examination, a main examination, and a language proficiency test.
A. No, there isn’t any interview round in the RBI Assistant 2024 post.
A. No, there is no relaxation on the number of attempts for the RBI Assistant 2024 exam.