RRB Group D 2024 Preparation: The RRB Group D examination is conducted every year to recruit deserving candidates for various non-gazetted posts in various technical and non-technical departments of the Indian Railways.
Every year, lakhs of candidates fill out the application for the RRB Group D examination, and that’s why competition is very high. The RRB Group D 2024 selection is based on CBT and PET, followed by document verification and medical tests.
Those who are confused about how to start their RRB Group D 2024 can check out the top study plan and expert advice to ace the examination in one go in the given article.
RRB Group D 2024 Preparation Overview
|Name of the Examination
|RRB Group D
|Railway Recruitment Board
|Total Number of Vacancies
|To be notified
|Mode to Apply
RRB Group D 2024 Preparation Strategy & Tips
1- Understand the Exam Pattern
The RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2024 is divided into four sections that carry 100 questions worth one mark each. The duration of the exam is 90 minutes, and there is also a negative marking of 1/3 for each wrong answer. Knowing the exam pattern will help you build strategies to win the competition.
2- Know the Syllabus
If you are preparing for RRB Group D 2024 with the goal of being selected this year, the first thing you should do is “understand the syllabus” of the examination, which remains nearly the same every year, so you should have a better understanding of the RRB Group D 2024 syllabus.
3- Set a Time table
You need to prepare a proper timetable so that you can distribute time to each and every section. Also, you must abide by the timetable honestly and regularly until you qualify for the examination. Do not spend too much time on one subject and instead give the majority of your time to the topics or subjects you’re weak in.
5- Choose the Right Books for Preparation
Choosing the right preparation books along with applying the right preparation strategy helps you crack the examination sooner than others. Also, choosing the right preparation materials might be challenging for applicants because there are so many options in the market and online book stores. Therefore, candidates must choose 2-3 RRB Group D 2024 preparation books in order to crack the examination.
5- Practice Mock Test
In addition to studying on a regular basis, candidates must practice mock tests and previous exams to assess their preparation and ability to handle the examination pressure. Practising mock tests on a frequent basis teaches you to manage your time while handling the exam pressure. After giving the mock test, make sure you analyse it too.
6- Revision Thoroughly
Revision is the key step in the process of preparing for any exam, as it helps you recall all the topics you have learned. Add revision as an important factor in your timetable and follow it at a regular interval after finishing each topic. Revising at least one day a week will benefit you and clear your concepts and basic fundamentals regarding all the topics.
RRB Group D 2024 Preparation: Subject-Wise Strategy & Tips
The RRB Group D syllabus consists of subjects such as general intelligence and reasoning, mathematics, general awareness and current affairs, and general science. Candidates can review the subjet-wise RRB Group D 2024 preparation tips below;
RRB Group D 2024 Preparation For Mathematics
- The mathematics section is considered the toughest of all sections in the RRB Group D 2024 examination. It comprises 25 questions worth 1 mark each.
- This section requires a lot of consistent practice to master basic concepts. It is divided into two components, i.e., arithmetic and advanced math.
- Once you understand the basic concepts, practice quizzes every day and analyse them later to assess your strong and weak points.
- Identify your weak topics and give more time to those topics so that you can ace this section.
RRB Group D 2024 Preparation For General Intelligence & Reasoning
- The reasoning section assesses the candidate’s abilities in problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical thinking.
- This section comprises 30 questions worth one mark each.
- In order to score well in this section, a candidate needs to practice consistently for puzzles, matrices, coding-decoding, blood relations, classification, analogy, etc.
- Also, having a good knowledge of directions, shapes, and diagrams will help you ace this section. Hence, practice daily with mock tests and quizzes to boost your speed and clear the basic concepts.
RRB Group D 2024 Preparation For General Awareness & Current Affairs
- The General Awareness section consists of 20 questions worth one mark.
- It is a high-scoring and less time-consuming section that comprises questions on current affairs, statistical general knowledge, and science.
- For current affairs, read about national and international news related to sports, summits and conferences, appointments, science and defence, appointments, national and international, important days, government schemes, etc.
RRB Group D 2024 Preparation For General Science
- This section comprises 25 questions with one mark each.
- In order to ace this section, candidates need to clear the basic concepts of science from the 10th and 12th standards.
- To clear the basic concepts, candidates are advised to read NCERT textbooks of science and social science from classes 6 to 10, along with classes 11 and 12 for geography and history, especially.
- Instead of reading others’ notes, try to make your own from the NCERT books.
- Look for the chapters you face difficulty with and give more time to those chapters.
- Make sure to revise the self-written notes to remind yourself of all the topics you learned.
RRB Group D 2024 Preparation FAQs
A. Yes, there is a negative marking of 1/3 in the RRB Group D 2024 examination.
A. The best preparation tips and strategies to qualify for the RRB Group D 2024 examination are to first know the format and syllabus of the exam and then accordingly follow a subject-wise study routine.
A. The RRB Group D syllabus 2024 consists of mathematics, general intelligence and reasoning, general awareness and current affairs, and general science.