The SBI PO 2024 selection process is divided into three stages: preliminary, mains, and interviews. The SBI PO prelims are qualifying in nature. The final selection is based on the combined score of SBI PO mains and interviews.
Due to the huge competition in the SBI PO exam, the majority of candidates will be eliminated after the preliminary round. So to beat this competition, candidates should practice and prepare with proper guidance and the reputed SBI PO Books 2024 listed in the given article.
SBI PO Syllabus 2024
The SBI PO syllabus is divided into two parts: prelims and mains. The SBI PO syllabus for prelims consists of three subjects: English, reasoning, and quantitative aptitude. There are three sections in the SBI PO 2024 preliminary examination, and all of them are objective-type multiple-choice.
Only the candidates who secure the cut-off of the Prelims examination will get the chance to appear in the main examination. The SBI PO Mains Syllabus consists of reasoning, computer awareness, data analysis and interpretation, banking and general awareness, and the English language.
There are five sections in the SBI PO Mains Exam that are objective-type multiple choice in nature.
|Reasoning and computer awareness
|Data Analysis and Interpretation
|English language: essay and letter writing (descriptive)
SBI PO Books 2024: Subject-wise Preparation Books
For the SBI PO test, candidates shouldn’t consult too many books and sources since this would confuse them. Candidates should refer to the appropriate preparation material that will help them cover the complete syllabus. Aspirants should check the book list given below and start working on their study plan to jump-start their preparation.
SBI PO Books for English
The SBI PO English syllabus will include topics such as fill-in-the-blanks, cloze tests, para jumbles, error detection, paragraph completion, tenses, and sentence completion, which are all examples of reading comprehension exercises.
- General English by R.S. Agarwal
- Bank PO English-language subject-wise solved papers by Arihant Experts
- Objective English for a Competitive Exam by Hari Mohan Prasad and Uma Sinha
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- English Comprehension Guide to SBI PO by Disha Experts
SBI PO Books for Reasoning
The SBI PO syllabus for the reasoning ability section will include topics such as verbal reasoning, input-output, linear setting arrangement, data sufficiency, double lineups, syllogisms, coding inequalities, scheduling, circular setting arrangement, ordering and ranking, direction and distance, blood relation, coding-decoding, critical reasoning, course of action, and data analysis. Some of the best SBI PO reasoning books are:
- Shortcuts in reasoning for a competitive exam by Disha Experts
- Verbal non-verbal reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal
- How to Crack the Test of Reasoning by Jaikishan and Premkishan
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey
- Manohar Pandey Book by Arihant Publications
SBI PO Books for Quantitative Aptitude
Topics like profit loss, simplification, work and time, sequence and series, mixtures and allegations, permutations, combinations, probability, time and distance, date interpretation, percentage, number system ratio, and proportion will be covered in this SBI PO quantitative aptitude section. For preparation, candidates can refer to the book listed below.
- The complete success sackage—Bank PO by Arihant Publication
- Quantitative aptitude for competitive examinations by R.S. Agarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude Test by N.K. Singh
- Bank PO chapter-wise solved papers by Arihant Experts
- The Magical Book of Quicker Mathematics by M. Tyra
SBI PO Books for General Awareness
General knowledge, financial knowledge, current events, static knowledge, banking policies and terminologies, banking awareness, and insurance principles will all be covered in this section. The SBI PO books for general awareness are:
- Static General Awareness by Arihant Publications
- Banking Awareness by Arihant Publications
- Banking Awareness Handbook by N.S. Toor
- The Pearson General Knowledge Manual by Edgar Thorpe
- Banking Awareness for SBI PO by Disha Publications
SBI PO Books for Computer Awareness
The Computer Awareness section of the SBI PO exam will cover the following topics: internet, memory, keyboard shortcuts, computer hardware, computer software, abbreviations, networking, operating systems, and logic gates. The books appropriate for SBI PO preparation are listed below.
- Computer Awareness by Arihant Publication
- Objective Computer Awareness by R. Pillai Arihant
- Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams by Soumya Ranjan Behera
- Computer Literacy and Knowledge by Kiran Prakashan
SBI PO Books for Data Analysis and Interpretation
The topics covered in the SBI PO Data Analysis and Interpretation section are bar graphs, line graphs, tabular graphs, charts, and tables; missing case DI; radar graph cases; probability; data sufficiency; let it be case DI; Pi charts; permutations; and combinations. Candidates can refer to the following books:
- Data Interpretation Decoded by Oliveboard
- Puzzle Mania by Oliveboard
- New Pattern Data Analysis & Interpretation for SBI/IBPS Bank PO by Disha Experts
SBI PO 2024 Preparation FAQs
A: The SBI PO main exam syllabus differs slightly from the preliminary exam.
A: The SBI PO reasoning ability consists of topics such as verbal reasoning, syllogism, blood relations, seating arrangement, coding, and decoding.
A: Candidates should regularly read newspapers and political, financial, and banking news to enhance their knowledge of current affairs.
A: The descriptive part will contain two questions. Essays and letter writing in the English language
A: The best books for SBI PO English are General English by R.S. Agarwal, Bank PO English language subject-wise solved papers by Arihant Experts, and Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis.