SBI PO Preparation 2024: Cracking the SBI PO Exam is the dream of many banking aspirants in India. Lakhs of candidates appear in this exam each year. So, in order to ace the examination, candidates have to start their preparation not only with determination but also with sincerity and dedication.
Most applicants don’t fail the exam because of poor preparation; instead, it’s because they lack confidence in their time management. If you are experiencing the same issue then you are in the right place.
The SBI PO is one of the top banking exams in India. The SBI PO 2024 Selection Process is based on a three-step procedure that includes prelims, mains, and interviews, and there are only limited opportunities to take the test. Hence, candidates must be aware of the tips, methods, and important elements that will help them perform well at each stage of the selection process.
SBI PO How To Prepare
For the SBI PO exam preparation, most applicants either prioritise accuracy or time management, but in order to complete the exam, there should be a balance. Before starting the preparation, candidates should understand that time management and accuracy are the key elements of the exam.
Subject-wise preparation will help the aspirants understand the complexity of each subject. As the exam is conducted online, candidates should not spend too much time solving one question.
Those who want to appear for the SBI PO 2024 Examination can follow the given tips and tricks to successfully clear the exam in one go. Apart from the tips that we have provided to help you upgrade your preparation, you can also use your own approaches and strategies to perform well in the examination. i exam preparation
Check the Updated SBI PO Exam Pattern
Knowing the updated exam pattern will help the candidates evenly distribute their study time as per the importance of the section. Both exams have a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
SBI PO Prelims exam has General English, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning with a duration of 60 minutes, while PO has General English, Data Analysis & interpretation, Reasoning, General Economy, and English writing with 3.5 hours. Aspirants should thoroughly check the SBI PO exam pattern of both the preliminary and main exams in depth.
Understand and divide the Syllabus
The syllabus of the SBI PO 2024 exam remains almost the same every year. It is important to visualise and memorise the exam syllabus. Before starting the preparation, candidates should review the SBI PO Syllabus and make a list of all the important topics. The second step is to divide the syllabus into different sections it will help you to learn each topic with ease.
|SBI PO Prelims Syllabus
|SBI PO Mains Syllabus
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
|Data Analysis and Interpretation
|General, Economy, and banking awareness
Selecting the Right SBI PO Books
There are many study guides and preparation books available on the market as well as in online bookstores, making it difficult to decide which one to buy. Candidates should not study from a large number of books because it will confuse them about the topics.
Instead, they should opt for only one or two books on each subject from the reputed publishers/authors. Aspirants should refer to the top SBI PO books and study guides.
|SBI PO Books
|English Language by
|Wren and Martin
|Quantitative Aptitude Test For Bank PO
|A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
|Manohar Pandey Book
Create an Easy to Follow Time Table
Taking a pen and paper and writing an unrealistic study schedule where you study for 9–10 hours may inspire you for a week, but in the long run, you will become confused and frustrated. A proper break between studies is required to refresh the mind.
A preparation time of 4 to 5 hours per day is sufficient to crack the examination. Candidates can follow the topper schedule, which is available on many online platforms, but in the end, you should make a timetable where you can learn and understand at your own pace.
Practice Previous Year’s papers and Mock Test
Candidates should solve a variety of sample papers and previous years’ papers to become familiar with the format of the exam. Also, the papers will help them understand the weightage of each subject and topic in the exam. The mock test will help candidates build up their speed.
Regularly taking practice exams can help you become more comfortable with the screen. Also by regular practice and accuracy, you will be able to feel more confident in your preparations.
Aspirants should write down important questions and topics and make their own notes so that, at the time of the revision, they can easily cover all the important topics. And it will also help them memorise their weak and strong sections of the exam.
Candidates are advised to do revisions at regular intervals in order to thoroughly remember the concepts and tricks to solve the questions. Candidates should regularly read the newspaper and magazine to keep current affairs up to date. Also, it is important for aspirants to regularly solve the numerical equation within a short time span with accuracy to build up their speed for the exam.
SBI PO Preparation 2024: Subjects-Wise Strategies
Before starting the preparation candidates should know the subject of both the online exam-prelims and mains. The preliminary exam is the first stage of the exam. There are total 3 sections in the prelims exam-
- General English
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability
The second phase of the exam is the main exam. There are 4 sections in the main exam which are-
- General English
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude
- General/Economy/ Banking Awareness
Quantitative Ability and Reasoning Ability are the most lengthy, complex, and time-consuming subjects/sections of all. To increase their speed while answering questions like this, candidates can practice and concentrate more on these topics.
SBI PO Preparation 2024: English
- Candidates should read English magazines to enhance their vocabulary.
- Look over grammar principles, then complete practice exams to offer you an exam-like experience.
- In order to memorize the words candidates should use those words in day-to-day life.
- Work on reading comprehension and cloze test skills frequently to improve question-solving time.
SBI PO Preparation 2024: Quantitative Aptitude
- Both the SBI PO preliminary and the SBI PO mains share this section.
- If you practice with the right approach, the quantitative aptitude section will help you to score high in the exam.
- Quadratic equations, missing and incorrect number series, data interpretation, and simplifications and approximations are some of the major topics in this section.
- Learn the shortcut methods to save time during the exam.
SBI PO Preparation 2024: Reasoning Ability
- The reasoning section of the banking exam is the trickiest and most crucial part.
- Syllogism, seating arrangement, puzzles, inequalities, and input and output are some of the important topics in this section.
- Regularly answer 40–50 questions in order to ace this section.
- Always start with simpler subjects like syllogisms and inequalities to boost your confidence and don’t spend too much time on puzzles and seating arrangements.
SBI PO Preparation 2024: General Financial Awareness
- Candidates should understand that this section saves plenty of time if they know the answers.
- For current affairs, candidates should read newspapers and note down all the important headlines.
- Candidates should know the flow of banking organizations and work.
SBI PO Preparation 2024: Computer Aptitude
- To ace, this section candidates should check the previous year’s paper to know the type of questions asked in the exam.
- This section doesn’t include vast topics so while preacting candidates can easily wrap up this section and focus on major sections such as quantitative aptitude and reasoning.
SBI PO Preparation Tips for Interview
- Candidates should keep themselves updated on current events and banking-related topics.
- Applicants should focus on their communication skills.
- Candidates should be well-versed in banking terms, financial terminology, and the role of financial institutions.
- Try to speak in a formal language and practice it daily.
- Aspirants should focus on their strengths and weaknesses.
- Candidates need to be relevant while answering the questions.
In addition to the tips provided above, candidates should know that time management is essential. Candidates should practice more to improve their skills. We hope this article will help banking aspirants to ace their SBI PO Preparation.
SBI PO 2024 Preparation Tips FAQs
Ans- Although each section has its own importance quantitative aptitude and reasoning are the major sections in the SBI PO exam.
Ans-Yes, the descriptive part of the exam is conducted online
Ans- Yes, with the right preparation and study approach candidates can clear the exam in one go.
Ans- Yes, Candidates can pass the exam with three months of preparation if they concentrate on practising with all the effort and learn time management.