SBI PO 2024 Selection Process: The State Bank of India conducts the SBI PO Exam every year to recruit eligible candidates for the position of probationary officer in various SBI branches in India.
The SBI PO Selection Process is divided into three stages: prelims, mains, and GD/Interview. The prelims exam is qualifying in nature. The final section is based on the SBI PO main exam and interview.
Candidates should check the SBI PO eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. Check out the article below to learn the detailed SBI PO selection process.
SBI PO Selection Process 2024
|State Bank of India (SBI)
|Probationary Officer (PO)
|Mode of Exam
|Online via CBT
|21 to 30 years
|Graduation (any discipline)
SBI PO Selection Process 2024: Prelims Exam
The SBI PO preliminary exam is qualifying in nature and is conducted to shortlist candidates. Applicants should note that the score of this examination is not included in the merit list.
There is no sectional cut-off in the SBI PO preliminary exam; candidates will be qualified for the main examination based on their overall score in all sections.
- The exam consists of 100 questions worth one mark each and the time limit to finish each section is 20 minutes.
- For each incorrect answer, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks
- The SBI PO syllabus for prelims includes reasoning ability, English language proficiency, and quantitative aptitude.
SBI PO Exam Pattern For Prelims
|Total Mark allotted
SBI PO Selection Process 2024: Mains Exam
Shortlisted candidates from the prelims exam will appear for the SBI PO main exam. Note that the marks obtained in this round have a weightage of 75%.
Candidates should match the overall SBI PO mains overall cut-off and sectional cut-off to qualify for the psychometric test.
- The SBI PO main exam includes both objective and descriptive questions.
- There will be 157 questions worth 250 marks.
- The objective part has 4 sections, which include “Reasoning and Computer Aptitude”, “Data Analysis and Interpretation, “General Economy/ Banking Awareness”, and “English Language”, whereas, in the descriptive part, there are only 2 questions in English language letter and essay writing.
SBI PO Exam Pattern For Mains
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
|Data Analysis and Interpretation
|General, Economy, and banking awareness
|English (Letter writing and essay writing )
|3 hours 30 minutes
SBI PO Selection Process 2024: Interview
Those who meet the main cutoff will be called for the SBI PO GD/interview rounds. Candidates initially appear for a group discussion worth 20 marks, followed by a 30-mark personal interview. The weightage of this round is 25%.
- The SBI PO interview round includes questions related to personal, educational and professional qualifications.
- The marks obtained in this round are included in the final selection.
- Candidates must carry all the original documents proving their eligibility and the photocopies for verification during the interview.
SBI PO 2024 Required Documents
At the time of the SBI PO interview, candidates must have all the documentation with them. These documents must be issued by the relevant department of the Indian government.
- SBI PO admit card/ call letter for the interview
- Valid Photo ID proof
- 10th, 12th, and graduation mark sheets
- Caste certificate (If any)
- Disability certificate(If any)
- For POI – Eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India
- For ESM -Discharge Book
- Other eligibility certificates.
The State Bank of India will release the cutoff for each stage examination on their official website at sbi.co.in. The candidates who pass all the rounds will be recruited as probationary officers in the SBI. Selected candidates serve a probation period of 2 years to become permanent employees of SBI.
SBI PO 2024 Selection Process FAQs
Ans- The SBI PO selection process consists of prelims, mains, and GD/interview. The preliminary exam is qualifying in nature. The final section of candidates is based on the scores of the mains and interviews.
A- Yes SBI releases the SBI PO recruitment notification annually on their official website.
A- Prelims and main exams are conducted online, while the interview mode is offline.
Ans- The merit list will be prepared based on mains and interviews with a weightage ratio of 70:20.
A- The SBI PO interview is usually conducted 20 to 30 days after the release of the SBI PO main result.