SBI SO 2024 Preparation: To clear highly competitive exams like SBI SO, candidates require a long-term strategy and everyday planning with tips and tricks from experts and toppers. Since the SBI SO exam holds a vast syllabus, candidates are advised to start their preparation right now.
This article will discuss the SBI SO 2024 preparation strategy required for every subject. This preparation strategy will help the candidates score well in each section.
Also, the given preparation strategy will cover all the essential resources required for taking the SBI SO 2024 exam. Before starting their preparation, candidates must make themselves aware of all the details of the recruitment.
SBI SO 2024 Exam: Key Points
The key points regarding the SBI SO 2024 Exam are written below.
- The SBI SO online written test is divided into two sessions, Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- The SBI SO 2024 Exam Pattern is divided into two parts: general aptitude and professional knowledge.
- The General Aptitude section comprises three sections: English Language, Quantitive Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
- On the other side, the syllabus for professional knowledge varies from position to position.
- The total weight held by the online examination is 70%.
- The exam offers 1 mark for each correct answer, while 0.24 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The paper will be constructed with MCQ-type questions.
- The medium of instruction will be English and Hindi.
- The total time allotted for the General Aptitude section is 90 minutes, while the Professional Knowledge section is allotted 45 minutes.
- The candidates who clear all the stages will have to appear in the interview.
SBI SO 2024 Preparation: Subject-Wise Strategy
Each subject needs an equal amount of focus and proper planning to score well, and candidates will need various tips and tricks to master every subject.
Candidates must also understand the SBI SO 2024 syllabus to incorporate these tips and tricks for each subject and gain confidence while attempting the question paper.
This section will discuss the SBI SO 2024 exam preparation strategy for the English, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Professional Knowledge sections. You must also check the SBI SO 2024 preparation books to boost your preparation.
The SBI SO English grammar portion will consist of 35 MCQ questions for 35 marks from various grammar sections such as comprehension, adverbs, adjectives, sentences, the clove test, grammar, and much more.
Candidates are advised to keep the SBI SO English language syllabus handy before starting their preparation. We have included tips and tricks for the SBI SO English grammar section below.
- English Grammar is a high-scoring section where candidates are advised to practice grammar sections like vocabulary and grammar errors daily.
- To enhance their grammatical ability, candidates must read English newspapers such as ‘The Hindu’ and ‘Times of India’ daily.
- Practice essay writing and letters daily with a word limit of 500 words.
- Candidates must develop the habit of formulating words and sentences daily.
- Candidates should incorporate reading English novels and books daily.
- For efficient preparation, candidates must practice one mock test daily with questions from the previous year’s SBI SO exam.
- The SBI SO reasoning is considered the high-scoring section as it offers 50 MCQ questions for 50 marks, where questions will be asked in a tricky form. This section needs the rigorous practice of complicated topics such as verbal and non-verbal reasoning.
- Candidates are advised to keep notes on the SBI SO 2024 Reasoning Syllabus before starting their preparation journey. Candidates must include the tips and tricks given below for acing this section.
- Practice one mock test daily to pass this section.
- Structure this section by segregating difficult and easy sections.
- Candidates must enhance their weak areas and then focus on their strong areas.
- Aspiring candidates should dedicate at least an hour to practising this section.
- For a better understanding of the type of questions, candidates must practice the previous year’s questions from the Reasoning section.
SBI SO quantitative aptitude comprises 35 MCQ questions for 35 marks from topics such as simplification, average, decimal, fraction, time, and much more from the SBI SO 2024 quantitative aptitude syllabus.
This section is typical and can only be mastered through daily practice. Candidates can follow the tips and tricks below to score good marks in this section.
- Focus on the core concepts of mathematics and then move forward.
- Candidates must practice 1 hour daily for this section.
- Try to incorporate miscellaneous questions in your practice section.
- Attempt a mock test containing numerical problems.
- Practice questions from the previous year’s question paper as much as possible.
- Candidates are advised to practice this section daily because this section can only be mastered through learning and practice.
The SBI SO Paper 2 section includes questions from various topics such as Economics, Accounts, IT (Information and Technology), Charted Accountant, Financial, and General Awareness.
The syllabus of this section differs for every post, so candidates are advised to look into the SBI SO 2024 Professional Knowledge Syllabus before starting their preparation. Candidates must include the tips and tricks mentioned below to master this section.
- First and foremost, check the SBI SO Professional Knowledge syllabus for your post.
- Structure your timetable and put general awareness as a top priority.
- Check the kinds of questions asked in the previous year’s SBI SO question papers.
- Practice questions from the mock test.
- Read news and current affairs related to financial programmes daily.
- Keep yourself updated on world events.
SBI SO 2024Preparation: Expert’s Advice
The easiest way to crack the SBI SO 2024 exam is by including important advice from experts, as they have researched and studied exam patterns for many years. We have included some of the major tips and tricks from previous year’s toppers that can help you appear in the toppers list.
Candidates must include these additional tips and tricks, as they will make a lot of difference in their preparation.
1- Understand the Syllabus
Before starting your examination, you must have a proper knowledge of the SBI SO 2024 syllabus. The syllabus for SBI SO remains the same every year, and there are hardly any changes to it. So having a better understanding of the syllabus will ease your preparation.
2- Set a Timetable
The second step candidates must take is to create a proper timetable, which will help them improve their preparations. Remember that creating a proper study plan and timetable will only benefit you if you follow it honestly every day.
Candidates should not spend too much time on the same subject and instead should allocate more time to the sections they are weak in.
3- Choose the Right Books to Prepare
Another important step to improving your preparation is making the right choice of SBI SO 2024 preparation books. Choose books written by well-known authors. Before purchasing a book, make sure to check its reviews online. Also, keep yourself from choosing too many options, as it is only going to create confusion.
Revision is the key step in the process of your SBI SO 2024 exam preparation, as it helps you recall all the topics you have learned. Add revision as an important factor in your timetable and follow it at a regular interval after finishing each topic.
Revising at least one day a week will benefit you and clear your concepts and basic fundamentals regarding all the topics.
5- Practice Mock Tests & Previous Year Papers
Along with doing topic-wise study of each section, candidates must practice mock tests simultaneously to assess their preparation for the examination. One of the most important benefits of practicing mock tests is that you learn time management.
Also, you will learn in which sections more accuracy and attempts are needed in order to score good and clear cut-off marks. After giving a mock test, make sure to analyse it properly to check your performance.
SBI SO 2024 Preparation Strategy FAQs
A. Candidates can download the SBI SO study material and PDFs online.
A. For SBI SO exam preparation, candidates require only 4-5 months if done with dedication and consistency.
A. Candidates can check the SBI SO 2024 preparation books here.
A. For the SBI SO Professional Knowledge section, candidates should study according to the SBI SO 2024 Professional Knowledge Syllabus.
A. Candidates are advised to follow the SBI SO reasoning preparation strategy for preparation.
A. Candidates must practice this section daily and consider the SBI SO quantitative aptitude preparation strategy in their study plan.