SSC MTS 2024 Recruitment: The Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC Multi-Task Exam annually. The SSC MTS exam is held to recruit candidates for various Group C non-gazetted, non-ministerial posts in various ministries and departments of the GoI.
The SSC MTS 2024 notification will be released on May 7, 2024, for Multitasking Staff and Havaldar posts. The application form for SSC MTS will be released along with the notification on May 7, 2024.
The SSC MTS selection is based on the CBT, followed by document verification. For Havaldar’s post, there will be an additional round of PET/PST. As per the tentative schedule, the SSC MTS 2024 recruitment exam will be held in July–August 2024.
Candidates who wish to apply for the SSC MTS 2024 recruitment must check the given article to know the important dates and updates in the eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, and more.
SSC MTS 2024 Recruitment Highlights
|SSC MTS 2024
|Multi Tasking Staff( MTS)
|Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
|Notification Release Date
|7 May 2024
|Paper 1-Written Exam
PET/ PST (Only for Havaldar)
|SSC Official Website
SSC MTS 2024 Notification
As per the schedule, the SSC MTS 2024 notification date is May 7, 2024, on the official website at ssc.nic.in. The notification will include all the essential details, such as the syllabus, exam pattern, selection, salary, etc.
The SSC MTS Notification will be out for multiple posts such as Havaldar, Peon, Daftary, Jamadar, Junior Gestetner Operator, Chowkidar, Safaiwala, Mali, etc.
SSC MTS 2024 Important Dates
The SSC MTS recruitment application form will be active from May 7, 2024, to June 6, 2024. The SSC MTS Exam 2024 will be held in July–August 2024. The results will be out in September 2024.
The SSC multi-tasking exam will be conducted in multiple shifts across the nation. Candidates can check the crucial dates for the SSC MTS 2024 recruitment in the table below.
|SSC MTS Notification Release
|SSC MTS 2024 Application Release
|SSC MTS 2024 Application Submission
|SSC MTS 2024 Exam Dates
|July- August 2024
|SSC MTS 2024 Result
SSC MTS 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility requirements before they apply for the position of Multi Tasking Staff. The SSC MTS Eligibility Criteria 2024 consist of three major parameters: nationality, age limit, and education qualification.
- Indian Citizen Or
- Citizen of Nepal or Bhutan Or
- A Tibetan refugee who moved to India for permanent settlement before January 1, 1962 Or
- Indian Origin migrants from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Kenya, Ethiopia, Malawi, Zaire and Zambia.
- For the SSC MTS 2024 recruitment, applicants must have completed their 10th grade or equivalent education from any recognised board.
- Only those candidates who completed their 10th grade before the closing date of applications are eligible to apply.
SSC MTS 2024 Age Limit
As per the SSC MTS age limit rule, the age of candidates appearing for the SSC MTS 2024 recruitment should be between 18 and 25 years, while for the Havalder post, it is between 18 and 27 years.
Apart from the general age limit, reserved category candidates get an upper age relaxation of 3 to 15 years based on their category as per the GoI rules.
SSC MTS 2024 Application Process
The SSC MTS 2024 application form will be out on 7 May 2024 on the official website of SSC along with the SSC MTS 2024 notification. The application has 2 parts: registration and application processing.
Candidates can follow the given steps to successfully fill out their SSC multitasking staff online application.
- On your browser, open the official website of SSC at ssc.nic.in.
- Click on the “Apply” section on the home page.
- Find the link for SSC MTS apply online and click on it.
- Enter basic details such as name, father’s name, gender, mobile number, and email and click on “submit”.
- The registration ID and password will be shared with your registered email ID and password.
- Now proceed further and fill out the application form.
- Upload the scanned copies of your document, such as photo, signature, thumb impression etc.
- After verifying the details, pay the application fee.
- Submit your application and take a printout for reference.
SSC MTS Application Fee
The candidates have to pay INR 100 for the SSC multi-tasking application prescribed by the SSC in their recruitment notification. The fee can be paid online or offline.
One can pay in cash at SBI branches by creating an SBI Challan or online using BHIM UPI, RuPay, Net Banking, a credit or debit card, Visa, Mastercard, or Maestro. Candidates can review the fee details in the given table.
SSC MTS 2024 Vacancy
The SSC Multitasking Staff and Havaldar vacancies will be out along with the notification. It is expected that more than 1700 vacancies will be filled.
The SSC MTS 2024 vacancy details will be listed category-wise based on the age group of candidates in various states.
|Multi Tasking Vacancy
SSC MTS 2024 Selection Process
As per the updated SSC MTS selection process, it consists of paper 1 and document verification. Those who apply for the Havaldar post have to appear for PST or PET.
Candidates must check the selection process to understand the nature of the exam and make preparation strategies accordingly.
|Physical fitness (only for Havaldar post)
|Eligibility proving documents are checked
The SSC MTS CBT round consists of two sessions. Only those who clear both sessions will be called for the DV round. Candidates who will apply for the MTS Havaldar post have to go through the physical efficiency test and the physical standard test.
SSC MTS 2024 Exam Pattern (Revised)
Before starting the preparation for SSC MTS 2024 Recruitment, candidates must review the exam pattern. The SSC has revised the SSC MTS exam pattern for Paper 1.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern For CBT
As per the SSC MTS 2024 exam pattern, the SSC multitasking Paper 1 is conducted online via CBT. Paper 1 has two sessions. It is necessary to attempt both sessions of the exam. The exam consists of 90 questions with a total of 270 marks. Candidates get 90 minutes in total to complete both sections.
|Numerical and Mathematical Ability
|Reasoning Ability and Problem-Solving
|English Language and Comprehension
SSC MTS Exam Pattern For PET/PST ( Only For Havaldar Post)
Those who appear for SSC MTS Havaldar in CBIC and CBN will appear for the PET and PST rounds. The PET round consists of walking, while the PST round consists of physical measurement.
Only those candidates who make it through the physical round will be selected for the Havaldar post.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
|PET for SSC MTS Havaldar
|1600 meters in 15 minutes
|1 Km in 20 minutes
Physical Standard Test (PST)
SSC MTS 2024 Syllabus
To succeed in the examination, candidates must check the updated syllabus released by the commission. The updated SSC MTS syllabus includes reasoning ability, mathematical ability, general awareness, and English.
The SSC MTS 2024 syllabus pdf will be out along with the SSC MTS notification. Check the subject-wise SSC MTS syllabus in the given section.
- Reasoning: Classification, coding-decoding, verbal and nonverbal reasoning, matrices, Venn diagrams, word formation, missing numbers, blood relations, direction, distance and analogy.
- Mathematical Ability: Simplification, average, ratio, proportion, profit and loss, mensuration, trigonometry, geometry, mixture and allegation, time and work, speed and time, problems on ages and interests.
- General Awareness: Static GK, current affairs, science and technology, books and authors.
- English: Reading comprehension, one-word substitution, sentence correction, error spotting, phrases and idioms, synonyms and antonyms Fill in the blanks and correct the spellings.
SSC MTS 2024 Books
Candidates should refer to books suggested by the toppers and experts to speed up their SSC MTS preparation. Books play a vital role in the selection of candidates.
- SSC Mathematics Solved Papers by Kiran Publication
- Reasoning Ability and Problem-Solving by RS Aggarwal
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- 14000+ Questions on GS by Arihant Publication
SSC MTS 2024 Salary
The SSC MTS salary ranges from 18,000/ to 22,000/ under level 1 of the pay matrix of the 7th Pay Commission with Basic Pay of Rs. 5200- 20,200 + Rs. 1800 grade pay. The salary ranges may change from city to city. Candidates get additional allowances and perks apart from their salary which include HRA, TA and NPS
SSC MTS 2024 Admit Card
The SSC MTS admit card is an important document; candidates need to carry the admit card along with the photo ID proof to the exam centre for verification.
The SSC MTS admit card will be available on the official website of the SSC. Candidates can download their admit cards using their login credentials.
- Registration Number/ Roll Number
- DOB/ Password
SSC MTS 2024 Result
The Staff Selection Commission will release separate results for both multitasking staff and the Havaldar post. The SSC MTS result will be out in PDF format, which includes the name, roll number, and category of the qualified candidates.
Along with the result, the SSC will release the SSC MTS Cut-off 2024. Only those candidates who meet the required cut-off will appear for the subsequent rounds.
SSC MTS 2024 Recruitment FAQs
Ans- The SSC MTS 2024 notification will be out on May 7, 2024.
Ans- The SSC MTS 2024 recruitment exam will be conducted in July–August 2024.
Ans- It is expected that the SSC will release more than 1700 vacancies for multitasking staff and Havaldar posts.
Ans-Candidates have to pay Rs 100 for the application. There is no fee for female, SC, ST, PWD, and ESM category candidates.
Ans- The mode of the SSC MTS exam is online via CBT.
Ans- For SSC MTS 2024 recruitment, the candidate’s age should be between 18 to 27 years. Age relaxation is given to the reserved category.
Ans- The candidates must have completed their 10th from a recognised board.
Ans- The SSC MTS syllabus includes reasoning ability, mathematical ability, general awareness, and English.