SSC Scientific Assistant IMD Exam Pattern 2024: The Staff Selection Commission every year conducts the SSC Scientific Assistant IMD examination to recruit the deserving for the post of Scientific Assistant in the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD).
The SSC Scientific Assistant IMD exam is held in both Hindi and English. There is a negative mark of 0.25 in the exam. The exam consists of only objective-type questions.
The post of Scientific Assistant in IMD is Group “B,” non-gazetted and non-ministerial, which is a job of “Level 6” in the 7th pay commission in the pay matrix as per the recruitment scheme formulated by IMD.
Candidates who are preparing for the exam must check the SSC Scientific Assistant IMD Exam Pattern 2024 to know the marking scheme, sections, exam duration, and more in the given article.
SSC Scientific Assistant Selection Process 2024
The SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2024 selection process consists of a computer-based exam and document verification round. Candidates need to know all the stages and prepare accordingly to get selected.
|Computer-Based Examination (CBE)
SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Pattern 2024
Candidates must understand the details of the exam pattern before starting their preparation for the examination. You can check the complete details regarding the SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Pattern 2024, which are mentioned below:
|No. of Questions
|General Intelligence & Reasoning
|English Language & Comprehension
|Physics/Computer Science & Information Technology/Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
|A composite time of 120 minutes/2 Hours
- The SSC Scientific Assistant 2024 examination is conducted in online mode.
- The exam comprise two parts: Part I and Part II.
- Part I comprises four subjects carrying 25 questions each.
- General intelligence and reasoning, quantitative aptitude, English language and comprehension, and general awareness make up the first part of the SSC Scientific Assistant IMD syllabus.
- Part II comprises 100 questions based on the subjects you opted for in your graduation diploma.
- Computer science, electronics, physics, and telecommunications are among the advanced disciplines covered in the SSC Scientific Assistant IMD Part 2 syllabus.
- The nature of the questions asked in the examination is objective.
- The examination comprises a total of 200 questions worth one mark each.
- Each question carries one mark for every correct answer.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
- The total time allotted for the entire examination is 2 hours.
Document Verification (DV)
Candidates who clear the Computer-based examination are called for document verification before the allotment of the post. Those candidates will be issued an Admission Certificate for document verification by the Indian Meteorological Department, and the Staff Selection Commission will also upload the notice regarding this on its official website at www.ssc.nic.in.
SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Pattern 2024 FAQs
A. As per the SSC Scientific Assistant IMD exam pattern, there will be four sections in the Part 1 exam.
A. There will be a total of 200 questions in SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2024.
A. The time allotted for the computer-based examination in SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2024 is 2 hours.