SSC Stenographer Preparation 2024: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year conducts the SSC Stenographer examination for stenographer grades “C” and “D.” Thousands of candidates apply for the position, which eventually creates tough competition.
The SSC is all set to release the SSC Stenographer Notification 2024 on July 16, 2024. Hence, interested candidates should start their SSC stenographer preparation now.
The first step before starting the preparation is checking the SSC Steno Eligibility 2024 to avoid rejection at later stages. Following the SSC Steno preparation plan can help candidates succeed in the exam.
The internet is filled with plenty of preparation techniques, but not all of them are effective. Rather than following 10 different methods, candidates should choose one that works best for them. Check out the expert’s and topper’s suggestions for SSC stenographer preparation in the given article.
SSC Stenographer 2024 Overview
|Name of the Examination
|Staff Selection Commission
|Mode of Application
|Computer Based Written Examination
|Post under the Recruitment
|Group C and D Officers
|Notification Release Date
|July 16, 2024
|SSC Official Website
SSC Stenographer Preparation Tips 2024
1- Check the updated Exam Pattern
The SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern is divided into two parts. The first level is the Group C and Group D online written test, which consists of multiple-choice questions.
The next stage is the stenography skill test, in which the candidates will be dictated a passage at 80 and 100 words per minute for Groups D and C, respectively. The matter will have to be transcribed on the computer.
2- Understand the Syllabus
If you are preparing for SSC Stenographer 2024 with the aim of getting selected this year, the first thing you must do is “understand the syllabus” of SSC Stenographer.
The syllabus for SSC Steno remains almost the same every year, so you should have a better understanding of the SSC Steno Syllabus to ease your preparation.
3- Pick the right Preparation Books
Candidates applying for SSC Stenographer 2024 must be aware of which book they should be using to improve their preparation. Purchase SSC stenographer books only from reputed and reliable publishers.
Before purchasing a book, you should check its reviews online. Avoid preparing a section from multiple sources, as it will only create confusion.
4- Make a TimeTable
Creating a proper study plan or a timetable that will help you improve your preparation. Make sure you honestly abide by it every day. Don’t spend the entire day trying to solve similar questions; give more time to the subjects or topics you are weak at.
5- Practice Mock Test
Practising mock tests helps you a lot when you are preparing for online competitive exams, especially banking exams. It helps you become habitual with the online interface, so when you appear in bank exams, it will be easy for you to understand the online process of the exam without any confusion.
Also, you will learn in which section you need to improve your accuracy and attempts. After giving the mock test, you must analyse it properly to acknowledge your mistakes and work on them.
Revision is the most important step to take when preparing for any exam because it helps you remember important formulas, short tricks, and other concepts you have learned so far.
SSC Stenographer Preparation 2024: Subject-Wise Strategy
The subject-wise preparation strategy for SSC Stenographer 2024 given below will help you make your preparation better.
SSC Stenographer Preparation 2024 For Reasoning
- The General Intelligence and Reasoning section judges candidates’ abilities in decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical thinking.
- A total of 50 questions, worth one mark each, are asked in the examination. Also, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
- This section comprises questions from topics like verbal reasoning, syllogism, input-output, blood relations, directions and distances, data sufficiency, analogy, etc. and assesses the candidate’s abilities in problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical thinking.
- To score well in this section, a candidate needs to practice consistently for puzzles, matrices, coding-decoding, blood relations, classification, analogy, etc.
- Also, having a good knowledge of directions, shapes, and diagrams will help you ace this section. Hence, practice daily with mock tests and quizzes to boost your speed and clear the basic concepts.
- After taking the mock test, analyse all types of questions so that you are prepared to take different types of questions.
SSC Stenographer Preparation 2024 For General Awareness
- General Awareness is one of the highest-scoring and least time-consuming sections and comprises questions on current affairs, statistical general knowledge, and science.
- It comprises 50 questions worth one mark each in the SSC Stenographer CBT.
- To prepare for General Science, read NCERT textbooks in Science and Social Science from Classes 6 to 10, as well as Geography and History from Classes 11 and 12.
- For current affairs, read about national and international news related to sports, summits and conferences, appointments, science and defence, appointments, national and international, important days, government schemes, Indian economy, India’s history, geography, etc.
SSC Stenographer Preparation 2024 For English Language
- English is one of the high-scoring subjects, and if prepared well, this section can be solved in less time.
- This section comprises 100 questions worth one mark each in the SSC Stenographer CBT.
- To prepare for the English section, candidates need to ace three important components of this section, i.e., grammar, comprehension, and vocabulary.
- In order to have an edge in this section, the candidates need to start reading newspapers on a daily basis, especially the editorial section.
- List down the important words you find while reading the newspaper, and practice reading comprehension regularly.
- Practice mock tests and quizzes regularly, and make sure to analyse them in order to assess your strong and weak points. This will increase your problem-solving ability.
SSC Stenographer Preparation 2024 FAQs
A. The official website of the Staff Selection Commission is www.ssc.nic.in.
A. There are three stages in the SSC Steno selection process, i.e., a computer-based test, a stenography skill test, and document verification.
A. There will be a total of 200 questions in the SSC Stenographer 2024 CBT.
A. Some of the best SSC Stenographer preparation books are Analytic Reasoning by M.K. Pandey, Pratiyogita Darpan by Upkar Prakashan, and Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi.
A. Various online exam preparation portals, such as Byjus, Preep, etc., have provided a proper SSC Stenographer preparation timetable on their respective websites.