Hunger is one of the biggest problems in the world, and to date, millions of people sleep on empty stomachs every night. On October 16, people all across the world observe World Food Day to commemorate the establishment of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization in 1945.
One of the most widely observed days on the UN calendar, World Food Day is observed in up to 50 different languages and 150 different nations worldwide. Food is one essential part of our survival. For once we can live without clothes and shelter, but we simply cannot survive without food and water. We need food to sustain ourselves and for better development of our bodies.
World Food Day is also celebrated to draw attention towards hunger and starvation which is still one of the main causes of loss of human lives across the world. World Food Day can be used to promote a healthy diet and what our bodies require.
World Food Day is an excellent opportunity to increase knowledge and awareness in this field. Get here key points related to the special day.
Eating a well-balanced diet includes five groups of food that we must include in our diet every day. The five food groups include:
- Legumes or beans and vegetables
- Poultry and meat (lean), eggs, fish, seeds, nuts, tofu, beans, or legumes
- Grain (cereal), high cereal fiber, or wholegrain
- Cheese, milk, yogurt, or similar (reduced fat)
The fruit group provides us with all kinds of vitamins. Especially Vitamin C. The milk group is rich in calcium and protein. Consuming healthy fats help us in absorbing vitamins like A, D, K, and E. It also lowers your risk of heart disease and lowers cholesterol levels.
Do you know how many people across the globe live in the dire property and die of hunger? There are millions of innocent children who don’t even get a proper meal for a whole day. Let us come together on World Food Day and promise each other to never waste food again and think about the ones who need it the most.
So on the occasion of World Food Day, we are here with a list of some wonderful quotes and messages that you can share with your loved ones.
World Food Day Quotes
- I always cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food. – W.C. Fields
- People who love to eat are always the best people. – Julia Child
- There is no love sincerer than the love of food. – George Bernard Shaw
- There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Food, It’s not only about nutrients and calories. It’s about sharing. It’s about honesty. It’s about identity. – Unknown
- If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. – JRR Tolkien
- One cannot think well, love well, or sleep well if one has not dined well. – Virginia Woolf
- Good bread is the most fundamentally satisfying of all foods; good bread with fresh butter is the greatest of feasts! – James Beard
- Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate. – Alan D. Wolfelt
- Food safety involves everybody in the food chain. – Mike Johanns
World Food Day Wishes
- Food is not only about calories and nutrients. It’s also about sharing it with others. It’s about identity and honesty. Happy World Food Day!
- Food is a blessing from God that we should respect and it is love from someone who cares about us. Happy World Food Day!
- It is a blessing if we get to enjoy three meals a day, we should be thankful to God. Happy World Food Day!
- Food is our lifeline so let us not forget to celebrate it! Happy World Food Day!
- On the occasion of World Food Day, we must promise each other to never waste the food that we get, and make a difference by showing care for the ones who need it. Happy World Food Day!
- Let us all come together and fight this evil of hunger. Only if we stand united will we find a way to conquer this global crisis. Happy World Food Day!
- You never know the worth of food until you stay hungry! Happy World Food Day!
- On this occasion, have a fine day with your family. Happy World Food Day!
- let’s make healthy food our best friend today. Happy World Food Day!
- Spread the love and care of sharing on the occasion of World Food Day! Have a wonderful time.