SBI Clerk Selection Process 2024: The State Bank of India conducts the SBI Clerk Exam annually to recruit candidates for Junior Associate positions (Customer Support and Sales).
The SBI Clerk Selection Process 2024 consists of three stages, i.e., preliminary, main, and language proficiency tests. The preliminary exam is qualifying, and the final selection is based on the score obtained in the SBI PO mains exam.
Those who clear all the stages will be appointed as junior associates. Selected candidates have to serve a probationary period of six months.
Candidates should check the SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria before applying for the examination. Get the complete SBI Clerk Selection Process 2024 in the article below.
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2024 Overview
|SBI Clerk 2024
|State Bank Of India (SBI)
|SBI Clerk 2024
|1- Prelims Exam
3- Language proficiency Test
|Mode of Exam
|Online via CBT
|21- 28 years
|Graduation ( any discipline)
|SBI Official Website
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2024
Candidates must clear every stage of the selection process to be selected for the SBI Clerk post.
|Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2024: Prelims Exam
The SBI Clerk prelims exam is the first stage of the SBI Clerk Selection Process. The exam is conducted online. The exam is bilingual, candidates can choose either English or Hindi.
The SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2024 for prelims consists of three sections with a total of 100 marks. For each incorrect response, there is a negative marking of 0.25.
The SBI Clerk Syllabus for prelims consists of general English, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning ability.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2024 Prelims
- The exam consists of 100 questions, each worth one mark.
- The time duration for the exam is 60 minutes. For each section, candidates will get 20 minutes per section.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
- There will be no sectional cut-off in the preliminary exam.
- The preliminary exam is only to shortlist the candidates for the next stage, and the score obtained by the candidates won’t be added to the final merit.
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2024: Mains Exam
The second stage of the SBI Clerk selection process is the main exam. The final merit list will be based on the SBI Clerk Mains exam.
The SBI Clerk main pattern consists of 4 sections with 190 questions, and the exam duration is 2 hours and 40 minutes.
The SBI Clerk Mains Syllabus 2024 includes 4 sections, i.e., Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude, Quantitative Aptitude, General English, and General and Financial Awareness.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2024 Mains
|2 hours 40 minutes
- The exam consists of 190 questions worth 200 marks.
- Candidates need to finish the exam within 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- There is a negative marking of a 1/4 mark for each incorrect answer.
- There will be no section cutoff, but candidates must score the minimum qualifying score.
- SC/ST/OBC/XS/PWD category candidates get a 5% reservation on aggregate marks.
Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
Candidates who clear the preliminary and main exams will be called for the final round. The language proficiency test is conducted to check the reading, writing, and speaking skills of candidates in their native language.
- In the SBI Clerk LPT round, candidates must present their 10th or 12th-grade certificate to prove that they chose their native language for upper secondary education.
- A specific local language test will be held for other successful candidates who do not have such certificates.
- The test will be conducted before joining.
- To qualify for the LPT, applicants must have a good understanding and writing knowledge of the native or local language of the UT or state they’ve applied to, or else they won’t get selected for the post of SBI Clerk.
SBI Clerk Provisional Selection 2024
After conducting all rounds, SBI will release the SBI Clerk Provisional Merit List 2024 for the Junior Associate/Clerk. The SBI Clerk Merit List 2024 will be prepared state-wise and category-wise.
Only those candidates who have cleared the main examination, passed the language proficiency test (if applicable), and met all the eligibility criteria set by SBI will be posted in their preferred state and city. After successfully joining, candidates will not get transfers for 5 years.
SBI Clerk 2024 Waiting List
The SBI will also prepare a waiting list. The SBI Clerk waiting list will have the names of candidates who can get the opportunity to join the SBI Clerk post if any vacancies are not filled.
A candidate must obtain the minimum qualifying marks to be placed on this waiting list. The SBI Clerk waiting list will be valid for up to a year. Candidates will be assigned to the post in SBI in the event of their non-joining or resignation.
Candidates will serve a six-month probationary period following the selection process. In this period, candidates have to finish their allotted 15 e-lessons.
The probationary period can be extended based on the performance of candidates. After completing these e-lessons in six months, candidates will be allotted the SBI Clerk (Junior Associate).
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2024 FAQs
Ans- The SBI Clerk selection process is divided into 3 stages: preliminary, mains, and LPT.
Ans- No, SBI does not connect the interview round for Junior Associate/Clerks posts.
Ans- The preliminary exam consists of 100 marks, while the main exam consists of 200 marks.
Ans- There is no limit to appearing in the exam. Candidates can apply for the post until they reach the maximum age limit.
Ans- No, those candidates who have proof of the state language they have studied in the 10th or 12th grade will not appear for LPT.
Ans- After the selection, candidates serve a six-month probationary period.