SSC CPO Preparation 2024: The Staff Selection Commission is all set to release the official notification of the SSC CPO 2023 Notification on February 15, 2024. The SSC CPO exam will be conducted on May 9, 10, and 13, 2024, via CBT mode.
To ace the SSC CPO exam in one go, candidates need to create a solid SSC CPO preparation plan along with the right collection of CPO preparation books.
Before starting the preparation, candidates need to understand the SSC CPO exam pattern and the syllabus, and then they should make a timetable.
Making a timetable will help the candidates achieve their goals on time. Get the topper-suggested subject-wise study plan for SSC CPO preparation to ace the examination in one go.
SSC CPO Syllabus 2024
The SSC CPO selection is based on 4 stages- Paper 1, PET/PST, Paper 2 and medical test. Out of these paper 1 and Paper 2 are online written exams.
The SSC CPO syllabus consists of general intelligence and reasoning, general knowledge and general awareness, quantitive aptitude, and English language and comprehension. Out of these English in common in both Paper 1 and Paper 2.
SSC CPO Preparation 2024: Subject-Wise Strategy
After checking the complete SSC CPO syllabus, candidates should note down their strong and weak points. The subject-wise SSC CPO preparation strategy given below will help you make your preparation better.
SSC CPO Preparation 2024 For General Intelligence and Reasoning
- The General Intelligence and Reasoning section is included in SSC CPO 2023 Paper 1. It comprises 50 questions worth one mark each.
- This is a time-consuming section; hence, it requires a lot of practice. Candidates should practice more than 30 different types of questions to enhance their speed and accuracy.
- The SSC CPO reasoning section comprises questions from topics like verbal reasoning, syllogism, input-output, blood relations, directions and distances, data sufficiency, analogy, etc. and assesses the candidate’s abilities in problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical thinking.
- To score well in the SSC CPO reasoning, a candidate needs to practice consistently for puzzles, matrices, coding-decoding, blood relations, classification, analogy, etc.
- Also, having a good knowledge of directions, shapes, and diagrams will help you ace this section. Hence, practice daily with mock tests and quizzes to boost your speed and clear the basic concepts.
- Analyse all types of questions after giving the mock test so that you can prepare to take different types of questions.
SSC CPO Preparation 2024 For Quantitive Aptitude
- The SSC CPO quantitative aptitude section is considered the toughest of all sections in the SSC CPO examination.
- It consists of 50 questions in the SSC CPO 2023 Paper 1. Each question consists of one mark.
- This section requires a lot of consistent practice to master basic concepts. It is divided into three components, i.e., arithmetic, advanced math, and data interpretation.
- Once you understand the basic concepts, practice quizzes every day and analyse them later to assess your strong and weak points.
- Identify your weak topics and give more time to those topics so that you can ace this section.
SSC CPO Preparation 2024 For English Language & Comprehension
- SSC CPO English is one of the high-scoring subjects, and if prepared well, this section can be solved in less time.
- This SSC CPO English comprises 50 questions worth one mark each in SSC CPO Paper 1 and 200 questions worth one mark in SSC CPO Paper 2.
- To prepare for the English section, candidates need to ace three important components of this section, i.e., grammar, comprehension, and vocabulary.
- To have an edge in this section, the candidates need to start reading newspapers daily, especially the editorial section.
- List down the important words you find while reading the newspaper, and practice reading comprehension regularly.
- Practice mock tests and quizzes regularly, and make sure to analyse them to assess your strong and weak points. This will increase your problem-solving ability.
SSC CPO Preparation 2024 For General Knowledge & Awareness
- SSC CPO General Knowledge & Awareness is one of the highest scoring and least time-consuming sections and comprises questions on current affairs, statistical general knowledge, and science.
- One can only achieve a good score with daily learning of current events. Making notes for all the major events will help the candidates memorise all the important details.
- It comprises 50 questions worth one mark each in SSC CPO Paper 1.
- To prepare for General Science, read NCERT textbooks of Science and Social Science from Classes 6 to 10, along with Classes 11 and 12 for Geography and History, especially.
- For current affairs, read about national and international news related to sports, summits and conferences, appointments, science and defence, appointments, national and international, important days, government schemes, etc.
SSC CPO Preparation 2024 FAQs
A. The SSC CPO 2024 selection process comprises four stages: the online written examination (paper 1), the physical ability test (paper 2), the online written examination (paper 2), and the medical examination.
A. There will be four sections in SSC CPO 2023 Paper 1 and only one section in Paper 2.
A. In order to upgrade your preparation strategy, you must understand the syllabus, build a timetable, practice mock tests, and review previous year’s papers.
A. Quantitive Aptitude is the most time-consuming section in the SSC CPO Paper 1.