SSC GD 2024 Preparation: The Staff Selection Commission will conduct the SSC GD 2024 exam from February 20, 2024, to March 12, 2024. The SSC GD exam is conducted to fill vacancies for the post of general duty constable in various forces, such as the BSF, ITBP, SSF, etc.
In comparison to other competitive exams, the SSC GD exam is not that tough. Therefore, lakhs of candidates appear for the exam, resulting in cutthroat competition. Hence, all you need is the right preparation strategy and mindful revision sessions.
Candidates simply require 2-3 subject-specific books for preparation, multiple mock tests for practice, and an additional study schedule for revision to pass the exam. Get the exam-winning strategies and tips to ace the SSC GD 2024 exam with flying colours in the given article.
SSC GD Selection Process 2024
Candidates should be aware of the SSC GD 2024 Selection Process before beginning their preparation. Overall, there are four stages to the selection. Only those who clear all the stages and meet the SSC GD eligibility will be selected for the post. The selection process includes the following:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Detailed Medical Test (DMT)
SSC GD 2024 Exam Pattern
Candidates should be aware of the SSC GD 2024 Exam pattern and the subjects covered by the exam because the first stage of the exam is an online written exam. By doing this, applicants can develop plans depending on the timing, the number of questions, and the marking scheme.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning
|General Knowledge & General Awareness
SSC GD Preparation 2024: Subject-wise Tips
The first step towards SSC GD preparation is knowing the detailed and updated SSC GD exam pattern as well as the SSC GD syllabus.
Applicants who will take the exam should carefully review the SSC GD syllabus 2024 because it will help them understand the subjects’ respective topics. Candidates will be able to identify their weak and strong areas by creating a chapter-wise study plan. Subject-specific preparation tips are provided in the given article.
SSC GD Reasoning & General Intelligence
- Candidates should always start with easy topics such as distance and direction, similarities and differences, blood relations, etc. Beginning preparation with simple subjects will increase one’s confidence.
- Candidates should begin concentrating on the challenging topics as soon as they have finished studying the simple ones. Number series, arithmetical reasoning, syllogism, non-verbal series, and alphabet series are some of the more difficult and time-consuming topics.
- Candidates need to practice 20–30 questions daily to enhance their speed of solving questions, as this is one of the time-consuming sections.
SSC GD General Knowledge & General Awareness
- If prepared well, SSC GD GK GS can enhance your score. Candidates should regularly read news related to business, the economy, and politics.
- Make notes of current affairs and international affairs, important days, and awards and honours, as this is one of the vast sections. Hence, memorizing so many dates, days, and events might be challenging.
- Candidates can refer to NCRT books of 10 standards to gain knowledge on the Indian constitution, history, geography, culture, etc.
SSC GD Mathematics
- Candidates’ primary attention should be on learning the formula and comprehending the subject rather than racing to solve numerous questions.
- Start your preparation with topics such as average, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, etc. These are some of the easier topics.
- Time and distance, boats and cisterns, problems with age, speed, and distance are some topics on which candidates have to focus. Daily problem-solving exercises of 30–40 questions can help applicants improve their logical and analytical problem-solving abilities.
SSC GD English/Hindi
- To enhance their comprehension skills, candidates are advised to read newspapers in their preferred language.
- Grammar, error detection, and fill-in-the-blanks are common mistakes in this section. Hence, candidates should first become familiar with grammar norms.
- Enhance your vocabulary by learning new words and their meaning and usage in a sentence. Make sure to learn at least 10–15 words daily.
SSC GD 2024 Preparation Tips
In addition to subject-specific study techniques, candidates should develop an SSC GD 2024 preparation plan that will help them finish the syllabus. Aspirants can improve their preparation for the SSC GD 2024 Exam by adhering to the suggested steps.
1. Know the syllabus
After checking the exam pattern, candidates should check the SSC GD 2024 syllabus, which will be released along with the recruitment notification on the official website of SSC. The syllabus will not only let you know the subjects but also the topics and chapters covered in a particular subject.
2. Make a Time-Table
Applicants must create weekly and monthly schedules to manage their time for each subject equally. Also, it will assist candidates in identifying their weaker areas. A perfect timetable would provide for adequate revision time at regular intervals.
3. Do not Skip Topics
Most candidates make this common mistake by skipping topics they perceive to be simple. Applicants should be aware that, without preparation, even an easy topic would be challenging for them on exam day. Hence, candidates should practice and learn each topic.
4. Select the best Preparation Books
Books play an important role in the selection of candidates. When selecting the top SSC GD 2024 preparation books, candidates frequently struggle. Books from reputable publishers and writers that cover the most recent syllabus should only be chosen by candidates.
5. Take Mock tests and Solve the Previous Year’s Papers
The applicants will benefit from taking the mock test because it will not only help them understand the format of the exam but also let them know how much they have learned. It will enable them to pinpoint the subjects in which they need more practice. On the other hand, solving the previous year’s exam papers will enable applicants to determine the importance of the exam’s subject matter.
SSC GD 2024 Preparation FAQs
Ans- The subjects that are included in the SSC GD Exam are general intelligence and reasoning, general knowledge and general awareness, elementary mathematics, and Hindi/English.
Ans- Applicants should adhere to a strict schedule that includes carefully reviewing the syllabus, creating a timetable, learning and covering each topic, selecting the best preparation book, and then taking a mock test and working through the previous year’s exam questions.
Ans- Four to five months of preparation are enough for the exam. However, candidates should remember that the selection process includes both PET and PST, so they should also concentrate on their physical strength.
Ans- Yes there will be a negative marking of 0.50 marks for each incorrect answer.